Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there death?

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Aloka-D:
    from post #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Replying to frank:
    from post #5
    Thanks Aloka and Frank

Forums Member
    I am afraid of death. I am afraid of physical pain, of my body processes being out of my control (as if they are under my control now?). I am afraid of this my most special "me" ending.

Yet I have come close to dying and I understand that when the time comes, it is like taking a trip to somewhere you have never been ... You walk through this new airport, climb on a bus for your destination, and watch things you have never seen before pass by you. "Oh! Look at THAT! I wonder what I'll see next!"

I am afraid of death. I am not afraid of death.

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Steps #12:
    You walk through this new airport, climb on a bus for your destination, and watch things you have never seen before pass by you.
    Well, my desire is to not keep taking the same ol' train outta Samsara Station, by cracky!

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Sobeh:
    from post #13

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Sobeh:
    from post #13

Forums Member
    Hi all,

Well I can only speak for my own feelings, but what I am afraid of is not the actual death, but the way we have to suffer pain and fear of more pain before the event.
    Also it hurts to leave the loved ones behind, that I will never see them in this form again. Like the way children suffer when there family breaks up, they lose familiarity of the place they live.
    If we are able to reach old age, we have to slowly watch our body deteriorate, sometimes our mental faculties too. We become totally dependant on the care of others. Therefore death may become welcome as we don't have the 'self' left.
    As to how to make this event feel different I don't know the answer, but I will keep reading the posts and the urls. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to icelindsey22:
    from post #16
    Hello Icelindsey,

Nice to see you again here,

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to icelindsey22:
    from post #16
    Really good to see you again icelindsey !

Forums Member
    I recently read a book by HH The Dalai Lama called Seeing Yourself as You Really Are, this talked a lot about the difference between me and I. This made me think a lot about life and reincarnation and death. I ended up thinking about being a flame or energy source currently within a human frame. Once I had that in mind it was easy to see how the energy would go on and move from one frame to another, depending on karma, as and when the current frame is old and worn out. On seeing this it was suddenly senseless to worry about dying in the way that it is senseless to worry about my house falling down or my car breaking down. The car isn't the transport or the journey, its just a car. I can get where I am going in any number of vehicles. I appreciate this is a deep concept but it works for me and may work for others. So I will just put it out there.

Namaste

Hi David - lovely to hear from you again !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 1:15 PM Fri, 3:15 PM Fri, 9:15 PM Sat, 1:45 AM Sat, 4:15 AM Sat, 6:15 AM