Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding UK

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Did anybody see anything of the royal weeding that happened sometime today in London?

I'm not a great royalist, so I missed it. However, the media are full of it and have been predicting a world-wide audience for the television pictures, so I'm sure to come across some replays during the next day or two.

A lot of people follow the progress of the Royals, so I would be pleased to hear from anyone with a contradictory view to mine.

What I did enjoy recently on the TV was the match between Real Madrid and Barcelona. Some excellent play from Barcelona, two spiffing goals by Messi, and the Madrid Manager got banished for arguing with the ref. Beats some formalised wedding ceremony by a mile!

Hi Scooter,

Sorry, I missed the Royal Wedding too...

But the other day I was talking about this with a friend and I thought that in this country we did not have any Royalty at all but he made me thought that indeed we have... the bunch of actors and actresses here have made really flamboyant weddings... the people actually look at them as if they were about Royal families.

I'm not really interested in weddings and what the UK royal family are doing, so I didn't watch it apart from a snippet on the TV news later in the day.

I wish them well.

I watched the wedding and thought it was a great occasion. I'm glad it passed without incident and evryone got home safely.

I am glad that people still pay tax money for kings and queens to maintain their extravagant lifestyles. What honor and glory

Forums Member
    Actually the Queen pays taxes on her estate and personal wealth, and the Prince of
    Wales is also a big source of tax revenue for the country. It's something like 60-something pence per adult per year comes from income tax that is paid out of salary. I think it's worth it, so much of the tourism in this country is based around the royal family and their history, and in London for example there is over 1000 years of royal history, I for one appreciate that!

I spent the day with friends and we all watched the wedding, I thought it was lovely and so glad that everything went well and there were no problems!

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Life imitates art, as can be seen in the pictures below....

Name:  RoyWed001.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  39.8 KB

Outstanding Scooter!

That's hilarious, Woodie !

Hey, that is being sent on to all my friends ... just love it Woodscooter - thanks ... if I could find how to use the smilies here, you would seee how much I am smiling now !!!! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 6:23 PM Sat, 8:23 PM Sun, 2:23 AM Sun, 6:53 AM Sun, 9:23 AM Sun, 12:23 PM