Thread: Nothing is worth clinging on to

Nothing is worth clinging on to

This sutta can be experienced through Zazen.

Hello Aloka and Esho.

This Sutta makes me think of Carlos Castaneda quote : “We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”

While knowing Carlos Castaneda was closer to Shamanism than Buddhism I guess this is one common point between the two schools.

Good to see you again Blue Faky!

The sutta reminds me of the last paragraph of an article by Gil Frosdal who's a buddhist teacher at the USA Insight Meditation Centre:

While I do not know whether any of my deep meditation experiences qualify as enlightenment, they have inspired me to appreciate and respect the possibility of enlightenment as a radical and thoroughgoing freedom. I now know that the Buddha’s teaching that “Nothing whatsoever is worth clinging to” doesn’t entail a loss or a diminishing of anything other than greed, hate and delusion. “Nothing whatsoever is worth clinging to” points to the radiance of liberation far beyond the practice of mindfulness.

https://www.insightmeditationcenter....s-is-too-much/

Hello Blue Faky! Nice to see you again

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 10:50 PM Fri, 12:50 AM Fri, 6:50 AM Fri, 11:20 AM Fri, 1:50 PM Fri, 3:50 PM