Thread: Are your Buddhist beliefs and practices helpful to you?

Are your Buddhist beliefs and practices helpful to you?

Dear friends,

Are your Buddhist beliefs and practices helpful to you in these uncertain times globally?....or not?

Please share your thoughts.

My practice is quite simple... Zazen, Zazen, Zazen. In this uncertain times I have done a lot more Zazen than usual. This has kept me balanced, calm, focused, tranquil, at ease with all the covid stuff. But I do Zazen just because; I do more but the Zazen in itself is done just because. The covid will pass away in one moment or another but Zazen stays with me the rest of my life.

Last edited by Esho; 11 Jan 21 at 22:02.

I have certainly had lots of opportunities to practise patience, the third paramita! The dukkha of the past year would motivate anyone to practice harder in all respects.

Om mani padme hum
    Kathy

My practice has given me an awareness of when I'm being caught in the world, so I try to let go of that and not worry about things that are out of my control.

Forums Member
    My Buddhist beliefs and practices are helpful at all times, or I wouldn't really be part of the whole thing. I really don't know what the state of my mind would be without it.

Buddhist beliefs are the medicine for my mind, they teach mindfulness, patience and peace. Not sure I would be here without them.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 2:50 AM Sat, 4:50 AM Sat, 10:50 AM Sat, 3:20 PM Sat, 5:50 PM Sat, 7:50 PM