Thread: Coronavirus & Buddhism

Coronavirus & Buddhism

This is an article I found on the internet, on a website called ZenEnlightenment, by someone calling himself Fuyu.

"Coronavirus & Buddhism – How to Deal with Fear, Anxiety & Uncertainty?"

https://www.zenlightenment.net/coron...y-uncertainty/

Any thoughts about the article?

Thanks for sharing the article, Aloka.

I was particularly drawn to the hygienic measures reported by Fuyu. That alone was a great public service, because so many have yet to get it. My first inkling of how important these measures are was experienced when I spoke to a virologist, who told me he had never had even so much as a common cold in over twenty years of treating patients by simply following these very effective medical procedures.

I am a believer not only from what he told me, but from my own personal experience.

These measures are worthy of publically publishing and sharing with endless redundancy. I would recommend posting them on your bathroom mirror so that they can be reviewed first thing in the morning after your shower, while brushing your teeth.

– Being mindful makes you wash your hands regularly.
    – Being mindful makes you avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
    – Being mindful makes you remember to use a tissue for coughs and sneezes.
    – Being mindful makes you cough in your sleeve if you don’t have a tissue.
    – Being mindful makes you keep a safe distance from the people around you.
    – Being mindful makes you seek medical care early if you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
    – Being mindful makes you follow the guidelines outlined above.
    To these protocols I would add only what all Asian physicians have known for decades: "Wear your respirators in public."....what the public commonly knows as "masks" to protect your neighbors, if for no other reason.

Thanks for the beneficial documentation, Fuyu, and all the medical staff, who serve us through their community health efforts.

_/\_Ron

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Wed, 4:18 PM Wed, 5:18 PM Wed, 11:18 PM Thu, 4:48 AM Thu, 7:18 AM Thu, 10:18 AM