Thread: Live Streaming

Live Streaming

I watched the Abhayagiri service last night. It was very nice to see what actually happens in a monastery as I have never been to one. It was a bit strange at first because I was trying to follow what they were chanting and it sounded really weird, until I realized they were chanting in English!

I sat for the meditation with them but could not sit for the whole duration. It must have been for more than twenty minutes because I was seriously counting seconds to see when it was going to be over (for the last five or so minutes). The talk was nice. I don’t know who it was but it was quite a serious talk about objects of samadhi and stuff.

For the other link at Amaravati, except the live stream of Q and A, which I will see tonight if it is still up, I have seen all the talks posted there. There are nine of them, two by Ajahn Sumedho and the rest by Ajahn Amaro. All are excellent!

Amaravati Q and A session was amazing. In the beginning, it was a sort of a continuation of his talk on doubts in current times and anger management in close quarters. Later questions were more technical but he also did a reinterpretation of Hamlet “To be or not to be” soliloquy in Buddhist terms. Very enjoyable and insightful.

There was an interesting section on kaya viveka, chittaviveka, and upadhiviveka - I learned something new.
    Last edited by trusolo; 20 Apr 20 at 16:39.

Sounds like I missed a good sitting. Do they hold them every evening, or was this a once in a while event? Our closest Sangha is closed due to the coronavirus.

Abhayagiri is every day 7 PM pacific time, so 10 PM EST. It is live streamed on You Tube so its not interactive or anythng like a zoom meeting.

Amaravati is every Sunday 2 PM GMT (or UK time?) - it’s around 8:30 or 9 in the morning for EST but that one is just Q and A session so there is no particular reason to see it live. I saw it Sunday night, the video stays up. Its on their Vimeo page.

Quote Originally Posted by justusryans View Post
    Sounds like I missed a good sitting. Do they hold them every evening, or was this a once in a while event? Our closest Sangha is closed due to the coronavirus.
    Hi Mike, the details were posted here:

https://www.buddhismwithoutboundarie...nswer-sessions

....and this thread "Live Streaming" is for comments from anyone who has watched the live streaming which was mentioned in posts one and two of the above pinned topic here in our Theravada Buddhism forum with the title :

"Saturday Puja and Dhamma Talk + question & answer sessions."

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Wed, 7:01 AM Wed, 9:01 AM Wed, 3:01 PM Wed, 7:31 PM Wed, 10:01 PM Thu, 12:01 AM