Thread: Feelings

Feelings

Hello friends,

I just want to share some of my feelings with you.

I have gratitude and devotion to the Blessed One. He has transformed my life in a complete way. I used to be an atheist because I was angry with the idea of God and science took its place.

After practicing meditation for some time I have become much more peaceful and at ease with the world as a whole. I am at peace with God. I know that the Buddha didn't pronounced for or against with the idea of God; he did not declare its existence or its non existence. He just kept silent. It is not important for his teachings and their practice but being at ease with God has made me more happy and more peaceful and has eliminated a huge amount of suffering in my life.

Wisdom is still hard for me. To accept impermanence and not to attach to things and people is still a challenge for me. The same with the non self teaching but I think that with the deepening of meditation all that will be resolved.

I pay homage to the Buddha; faith (or confidence) and devotion fill my heart. A kind of love emanates toward him permeating his entire being.

I feel peace.

Thanks for reading the post.

Forums Member
    Sounds good. I've been a Buddhist for a number of year and I consider myself an atheist. You don't have to believe in any God or gods to follow the path, but on the other hand you don't have to deny anything of that sort if you don't want to either. The interesting idea in Buddhism is that if there are gods they are to be pitied, because they can't move on.

Good to read your post, Esho. It's inspiring to know that your practice is having positive results and that you feel at peace.

Thanks Aloka and philg...

Last edited by Esho; 02 Oct 19 at 12:59.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 7:12 AM Mon, 9:12 AM Mon, 3:12 PM Mon, 7:42 PM Mon, 10:12 PM Tue, 1:12 AM