Share on Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dalai Lama Endorses Global Climate Strike

Thank you for the advisory/ reminder re. Code of conduct. Please feel free to delete any offensive comments on my part.

Does The Earth get warmer due to the addition of tons of dust / rubble from outer space?

I spent some time today contemplating this idea, since getting involved in a discussion about natural reasons for Global Warming. I reasoned from my awareness of the Pressure Equation for ideal gasses (PV=NRT) as an approximation, that as The Earth Gained mass it should increase in temperature. An algebraic rearrangement of the equation yields: T=PV/NR, where T is temperature in degrees Kelvin, P is pressure in atmospheres, V is volume, N is the amount of mass in moles, and R is the Ideal Gas Constant= (0.0821 Liter Atmospheres / Mole degree Kelvin).

If this were the only factor to consider: As N increases, T should increase as well. Therefore The Earth's temperature should increase as mass falls through our atmosphere at the rate of 40,000 metric tonnes per year.

What is wrong with this theory, is that Earth loses approximately 50,000 metric tonnes of mass per year as well. So, by this logic, we should be getting cooler, not warmer.

source: https://physics.stackexchange.com/qu...mass-over-time

Then there's this:

Mass regain from atmo regain And neutron absorption (and other single atoms) as a direct result from solar radiation..

The atmo regain is part of the atmo loss when the atmo particles fall back to Earth again, if they didn't have enough initial speed under a certain vector to leave the earth's gravity.

the neutron and proton radiation also adds weight.. As part of the sun's radiation, they get blasted towards earth as well.. Most of them that hit the earth's magnetosphere get deflected.. But not all..which are the neutrons mostly.. Natural background radiation.. neutron's get absorbed into earths large mass And also a few proton's here and there..

Then there's another thing, natural proton annihilation, decaying into energy, and I think there's neutron decay as well, also into energy..

So..is the earth gaining weight or losing it ? I think it's gaining weight, contrary to popular belief.. (the atmo loss calculations are off since atmo regain wasn't calculated in..) Also, if the atmo had been losing out on that much for 2B years, it would be atmo-less now..(or at least significantly less..) (since the top part is mostly H, and still exists..)

The highest layer is H mostly, and therefore would be hit the hardest, and therefore the most to escape.. However 2B years of de-hydrogenisation @ 50 Kilotonnes/year.. - slowly counts.. 100 Teratonnes of H loss..

So, I guess that would make the H layer either really thin, or negatively non-existent.. (unless someone says the total tonnage of H in the upper layer >100 teratonnes..I didn't bother to look it up..)

Also, over time the magnetosphere increased in strength, while in the beginning it was relatively weak.. As the Earth grew more dense, and the metal layers started shifting in height,and moved in a circular fashion, and cooled down, decreasing the average distance between particles (through compression etc) it became closer and closer to what it is today.. I think measuring it's strength would yield interesting results.. (or rather the change in it..) As the magnetospehere increased in strength, so did the protection against solar radiation for Earth and once the solar winds couldn't touch much of the planet's atmo anymore it stabilized.. Although atmo loss occurs, it also falls back..

Also, any (micro)meteors that hit earth's surface or lower atmo, keep adding stuff that never leaves..the solar winds can't blast it enough to make it escape..

the only thing we have to worry about is the earth's core getting too solid, in which case the magnetosphere's strength goes down again, and umm..well general badness.. (hence me suggesting checking the strength of the magnetosphere.)

Scientists discover 91 additional volcanoes beneath the Antarctic ice sheet:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nos-antarctica

Volcanoes warming Arctic Ice sheets and oceans:

https://www.iceagenow.info/underwate...ays-geologist/

I think that a lot of what needs to be said is already being expressed by David Attenborough in this video (which I've added here from a separate topic).

After that, its up to those governments from around the world who haven't yet started introducing vital measures of one kind or another to slow climate change, to start seriously addressing them ASAP before its too late.

May all sentient beings be free from suffering and its causes, both now and in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 7:14 AM Mon, 9:14 AM Mon, 3:14 PM Mon, 7:44 PM Mon, 10:14 PM Tue, 1:14 AM