Thread: Egg Plant Recipies.

Egg Plant Recipies.

I Have begun harvest of the tomatoes & egg plants from our garden. Any family or favorite recipes you would like to share?

Ratatouille? It would be a good use of all those fresh tomatoes and eggplant as well as the rest of your fresh garden vegetables.
    Good stuff!

Eggplant Parmigiana, also a good use of fresh eggplant and tomatoes! If you need recipes for either one of these, let me know and l’ll dig them out for you.

Good Luck, let us know how it works out!

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Made Ratatoie last night over pasta.

Would appreciate any recipies you may want to offer.

Next experiment for me will be "Evill Prince in the Garden"...a Laosian dish I
    I discovered while in Vietnam, and again when in Rochester, NY.

BabaGanoush... Have you ever made that? It’s a middle eastern dish. My stepmom is 1/2 Lebanese. This will certainly use up some eggplant. Try it with flatbread for dipping. She has made it for me, but I’ve never made it myself. I looked up a couple recipes on line, and found many. Very similar. I guess the secret is grilling the skin on a grill. If the weathers not cooperating you can use your oven!

Evil Prince in the Garden. I must say it sounds interesting. Never made it, but I’ll look online.

Mike
    Last edited by justusryans; 13 Sep 19 at 02:27.

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    I love the name "Evil Prince in the Garden" for some cooked food. It makes me wonder how it got its name.

That reminded me of another egg-plant dish "Imam Bayildi", originally from Turkey. The name means 'the Imam fainted' because the story goes that a hungry priest found the dish so tasty that he simply passed out with the pleasure of it.

Here's a link for Imam Bayildi. https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/imam-...ed-aubergines/ And of course the egg-plant is called aubergine in this part of the world.

Thanks for the recommendation, woodscooter.

I made "Evil Prince in the Garden" today, but opted to leave out the Vietnamese hot sauce, because of my wife, who has stomach problems already.

My neighbor and I were raised on hot / spicy foods, so we reserved a half tablespoon of the hot sauce for each serving, which is easily added while plating the dinner.

As for the name, it is intuitively obvious ( to me ) that the Prince is the miniature egg plants, and he becomes evil when the hot sauce is added to the dish.

Now my next step is to figure out how to keep the garden from turning to mush, because of my over-cooking.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sun, 3:38 PM Sun, 5:38 PM Sun, 11:38 PM Mon, 4:08 AM Mon, 6:38 AM Mon, 8:38 AM