Thread: Hello from Arizona

Forums Member

Hello from Arizona

At the ripe old age of 65, I was raised Christian, turned Atheist, and have recently started delving into Buddhism. To be honest, my girlfriend of 4 years is from Taiwan and a practicing Buddhist, so this has given me a new perspective into Buddhism. We are curently traveling through Taiwan on a month long vacation and I have had the chance to visit various Temple's ranging from Taoist to the more traditional (Really not big on Insense).

To be blunt, Buddhism appeals to my inner belief that if we do good things and treat others with kindness and respect, those actions will come back to visit us. I have had various experiences where meditation and eastern medicine have helped me tremendously when it comes to some personal health issues. If I had to describe what I have learned that has helped me the most, it would be training my brain to be thankful for when bad or unpleasant things happen in my life and not regret those events. If it wasnt for those then how we we learn anything at all?

I look forward to many thought proking discussions and thank you for welcoming me to the board.

Rob

Hello Rob

Good to have you here.. and a warm welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

With metta,

Aloka

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.

Hello Rob!

Hello and welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries, Rob.

I also look forward to reading your posts.

Mike

Hi Friend!

I love the state of Arizona; maybe not the summers, but when the weather is mild its some of the most gorgeous land on earth.

Happy to have you!

Forums Member
    Thanks for all the welcomes.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Tue, 11:32 PM Wed, 1:32 AM Wed, 7:32 AM Wed, 12:02 PM Wed, 2:32 PM Wed, 4:32 PM