Share on Facebook

Thread: Pema Chodron apologizes

Pema Chodron apologizes

More about the scandal at the Tibetan Buddhist Shambhala organisation:

"Pema Chödrön apologizes for dismissing allegation of sexual assault from young woman"

https://www.lionsroar.com/pema-chodr...m-young-woman/

Forums Member
    This is an insincere apology only done, in my opinion, because of the bad press she got for saying to the person she apologized to that she didn't believe her, and that she wanted it. She still clings to her hero, Chogyam Trungpa, and part of Shambhala's decades old problem. I used to admire her, and appreciated her teachings despite always feeling she should have distanced herself from Trungpa. I am now done with her.

In my opinion you've made a very wise decision, Lise.

Some of the reports about things that have gone on in that organisation right from when it was first started by Trungpa, are completely mind boggling! I can't understand why it hasn't been shut down completely after the shocking behaviour of his son (who calls himself the "King of Shambhala") was exposed as well.

I guess if people get brainwashed into "guru devotion" no matter what, it must be hard to let go and face the truth.

Forums Member

It’s a shameful thing. Either to behave in that way... or to dismiss that kind of behavior if you do know of it.

Forums Member
    Definitely.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 11:57 AM Mon, 1:57 PM Mon, 7:57 PM Tue, 12:27 AM Tue, 2:57 AM Tue, 4:57 AM