Share on Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Independent investigation confirms “physical, sexual, emotional abuse”

Forums Member
    And, I have a question based on my above comments - I have attended a few teachings and empowerments by a lama who has a direct association with KR. I have been somewhat uncomfortable with this because of this association. In July, I attended a Medicine Buddha empowerment and teachings with this lama. Unlike the previous two weekends I attended some years ago, I found him to be more personable and not radiating as much negative energy as before. I have been considering attending a teaching by him next month, since I felt fairly invigorated by the July weekend event. HOWEVER, that niggling doubt remains, largely due to his ongoing association with the first KR. I have asked someone at the center about the lama's thoughts about the sexual abuse allegations made by June Campbell. She said she didn't know this lama's stance on this, and would pass the message on to his assistant, a female nun. And she said I may or may not hear back. The lama is on retreat until the end of this month, which I already knew. So I guess I wouldn't hear anything until after his return. I would really like to attend teachings by someone - but this is the only center near enough to get to easily. The Abbey I mention above is about an 8 hour drive, so it's not feasible unless I make significant plans to get there. (I just returned from a long holiday, so my expenses are tight for the time being.) Any ideas on what I should do?

Hi Lise,

I can't really comment about the lama who was associated with KR. because I don't know anything about him. However, I think it might be worth noting that Ken Mcleod who teaches and was also a student of KR appears on a list of controversial teachers:

http://viewonbuddhism.org/controvers...stionable.html

I was looking at Ven.Thubten Chodron's website and she does regular live video teachings:

https://thubtenchodron.org/live/

Maybe it would even be possible to speak to her on Skype, as I've heard that some Buddhist teachers use that facility for students who live a long distance away, or who are disabled and so on.

Forums Member
    Hi Aloka, that's a great suggestion - I will see if I can find out about this (talking on Skype)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sun, 4:40 PM Sun, 6:40 PM Mon, 12:40 AM Mon, 5:10 AM Mon, 7:40 AM Mon, 10:40 AM