Thread: Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

Just out of curiosity, will you be watching the UK royal wedding today?

Forums Member
    No...

No, I have other plans.

But it could be an opportunity to practice mudita, if/while watching the wedding.

_/\_

Forums Member
    I'm kind of watching it as my wife has it on the tv. I wish them well, but I also wish the tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers money spent on the wedding had been spent on better causes. The royal family is pretty wealthy after all, mostly on the tax breaks given to them over the years as well as taxpayers money directly.

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    I'm kind of watching it as my wife has it on the tv. I wish them well, but I also wish the tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers money spent on the wedding had been spent on better causes. The royal family is pretty wealthy after all, mostly on the tax breaks given to them over the years as well as taxpayers money directly.
    I don't see that as the major issue. I think it's their delusion, that makes them use their money unwise. Maybe they need to be included in metta-practice ("may they gain wisdom to see their delusion as delusion" or the like, depending on how one practice metta(-meditation)).

Maybe it's me that suffers from delusion, and they actually spend the money the right way (just a thought, that came while writing this post).

_/\_

Forums Member
    Actually that was pretty good. Enjoyed the younger royals cracking up at the pastor preaching (at length and with increasing enthusiasm) about slavery and religion while the older royals were wondering what on earth was going on. To be fair, the prince has reformed lately with all his charity work.

No. I try to avoid turning on the tv until 8 pm

Traveling that day. Watched the preparations leading up to the wedding on hotel t.v. while dressing to leave for return trip home. Loved the hats.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 8:50 PM Fri, 10:50 PM Sat, 4:50 AM Sat, 10:20 AM Sat, 12:50 PM Sat, 3:50 PM