Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Health Issues

Health Issues

Dear friends at Buddhism Without Boundaries,

I have some health issues at the moment - which include having an extremely painful arm, shoulders and neck,(due to injury from lifting items which were too heavy). I'm also finding it painful to type with my fingers. My doctor says I need to rest for a while and then have a hospital scan.

As membership here is free, I hope that you will continue to support BWB by posting in the existing discussion threads, or maybe you'd like to start some new topics.

Wishing you all good health and happiness and fruitful practice.

Aloka

Forums Member
    Take care.

Forums Member
    I hope your pain lightens up soon!

Thanks for the encouragement, Aloka.

As a retired safety engineer I can tell you that repetitive motion exacerbates existing injuries, including sprains, strains, and tendon and ligament tears, which is what your injury sounds like. Best thing to do is follow your physician's advice and rest it for awhile. Recovery will be shortened considerably if you comply with his/her advisory.

We promise to comply with your wishes. Don't worry about us.

...Ron

Thank you for your kind words, Phil, Lise and Ron.

I hope you find relief from your suffering. I will continue to add my little bits when possible.

Forums Member
    Hi Aloka

Wish you well, hope you can navigate the NHS and get some Physiotherapy, it should help a speedy recovery

Hi Aloka,

I hope your recovery is swift and and as painless as can be. I’ll try to make some useful contributions in the meantime and help hold down the fort.

Kind Regards,

Polar Bear

Thank you so much justusryans, Mike and PolarBear.

I saw the doctor again yesterday and he sent off details for me to have hospital scans on both of my arms and shoulders. I have to wait to be sent the appointments from the hospital and the details of the time and date will arrive within a month, apparently.

in the meantime I have to manage with limited arm mobility (and the pain) as best I can, because life goes on. (I can't take anti-inflammatory drugs because I'm allergic to them ). However, doing short sessions of samatha meditation can be helpful for relaxing the mind.

Hoping everyone else is well and happy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 7:10 PM Thu, 9:10 PM Fri, 3:10 AM Fri, 8:40 AM Fri, 11:10 AM Fri, 2:10 PM