Thread: New member!

Forums Member

New member!

Hello! I'm sorry if I don't completely get the rules but I will try and remember all of them :) I live in England and I'm a new Buddhist, in general I associate myself with Theravada Buddhism. I'm doing my GCSEs soon (big exams we take at 16 here) and found Buddhism after the Religious Studies teacher decided not to include it in the syllabus for our year.

I speak English and French (I understand we only use English here) and I'm learning a lot of other languages in my spare time but I also enjoy studying history and trying out designing things. There isn't a Buddhist centre near where I live, but in my village alone we have a protestant chapel and church, so it's very hard to find any Buddhist guidance around here

My interest in Buddhism peaked during a school visit to a temple where we were taught a lot about Buddhist practices and beliefs by monks, and from that point I've researched and been amazed at how much I agree with many Buddhist beliefs. I suffer from very bad anxiety and through meditating I've helped myself to get better, finding Buddhism has really been one of the best things that's happened to me.

Thank you for having me,

- Polly

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hi Polly,

Thank you introducing yourself.

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.

Hello Polly and

We have people from all around the world posting here , including from the UK and I hope you'll enjoy being a member of the community. I also hope you do well in your GCSE's in 2018!

With lots of good wishes,

Aloka

Be welcome Polly

Welcome Polly. I'm in the UK too and have a couple of kids at secondary school. One has just done a power point for RS homework on Buddhism, very nice it was too but the teacher didn't get around to marking it!

Forums Member
    Hi Polly, welcome to our forum!

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srivijaya View Post
    Welcome Polly. I'm in the UK too and have a couple of kids at secondary school. One has just done a power point for RS homework on Buddhism, very nice it was too but the teacher didn't get around to marking it!
    thats a shame! at least they know they put the effort in, teachers seem to be very tired too at this time of year but today is my last day of the term before the Christmas holidays, so after this break it's back to the grind for a little longer!

Welcome Polly,

Nice to meet you.

Gene

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Wed, 3:36 AM Wed, 5:36 AM Wed, 11:36 AM Wed, 4:06 PM Wed, 6:36 PM Wed, 8:36 PM