Thread: Looking for deep disucssion

Previous Member

Looking for deep disucssion

I have been Buddhism and meditation/mindfulness for a number of years. A few years ago I moved to Augusta Georgia and I've been struggling recently to find a group that deepens my practice. Most of what is available int he area provides only the most surface introductions to the practice. What I'm really looking for is a virtual sangha where we can sync our meditations practices and supplement them with some higher level analysis. I'm very interested in the lines where science and modern/western Buddhism meet.

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hello S8t0r1,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries, and thank you for introducing yourself.

I'm not sure we will provide exactly what you are looking for, but I hope you will find this is a place for sincere discussion of the issues that interest you.

With good wishes,

Woodscooter.

Hi S8t0r1,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

As we are a community of people from around the world engaged in different types of Buddhist practice and with different levels of understanding from beginners level to the more experienced, I think it might be rather difficult to coordinate and analyse those practices together, assuming others would even be interested in doing that over a period of time.

We're primarily a discussion group so if you want to discuss your own meditation practice, feel free to do so in whichever of the forums on the website seems most appropriate.

You mentioned in your registration details that you prefer Secular Buddhism, so you might also like to have a look at the topics in our Independent Buddhists forum

With kind regards,

Aloka

Previous Member
    Thank you for the reply. Reading through some of the forums I can already see that this will be an excellent resource. I like the level of discourse and I certainly think this can broaden my understanding.

Be welcome S8t0r1

Previous Member
    Thank you everyone. Keep spreading the Dharma!

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 8:37 AM Sat, 10:37 AM Sat, 4:37 PM Sat, 9:07 PM Sat, 11:37 PM Sun, 2:37 AM