Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Peace & Compassion "issues"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaranda View Post
    Thankyou Element for sharing your thoughts.Sometimes it can feel very challenging to cultivate peace and calmness! I seemed to have developed a "heightened"sense of sensitivity for some reason,but now I'm more aware of it,I can work more towards sorting it out.
    Hello Jacaranda,

Your situation with your family reminds me of a some drama that I am experiencing with my brother at the moment. I read the Gil Fronsdal article that Aloka referenced (Many thanks Aloka) and this excerpt really resonated with me....

Excerpt on article about Patience

The ultimate perfection of patience does not come from endurance or a re-evaluation of a situation. Rather it comes from the absence of our habitual, automatic triggers and reactive hooks to the challenges of life. Fully mature patience is effortless; it is not a doing at all.

Once an angry man insulted the Buddha. The Buddha simply asked the man if people ever visited him in his home. Surprised at the change of topic, the man answered yes. The Buddha then asked if his visitors ever brought gifts. When the man replied yes again, the Buddha asked what would happen if he refused to accept the gifts? Who would the gifts belong to then? The man said that, of course, they would still belong to those who brought them. The Buddha then calmly and, I imagine, kindly said, “In the same way, since I do not accept your insults, they remain with you.”

Since the ultimate patience is effortless, perhaps the opposite of impatience is not patience but rather contentment. By not chasing after the whims of the ego, we have the chance to discover a deep contentment that manifests in our life as great patience.

http://www.insightmeditationcenter.o...cles/patience/

Wishing you peace today Jacaranda

Regards

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Aloka View Post
    Hello Jacaranda, this short article by Gil Fronsdal with the title of "Patience"" might be helpful in some way:

Excerpt:

and also this one "Liberating Emotions" by Ajahn Sumedho:

Aloka, Many thanks for sharing the Liberating Emotions article by Ajahn Sumedho. I am grateful for his insight and wisdom.

Regards

Gene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 8:49 AM Thu, 10:49 AM Thu, 4:49 PM Thu, 9:19 PM Thu, 11:49 PM Fri, 2:49 AM