Thread: Painful/Threatening Experience at work

Painful/Threatening Experience at work

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a very challenging time at work feeling a lot of pressure while I am shepherding the launch of a million dollar project with a lot of moving parts. I am trying to practice mindfulness to deal with my experience of pain and the perceived threats I am living in my inner world regarding this experience. I want this to be my practice....

Not sure what I want to say but I do feel the need to let others here know what I am going through and to get your sage advice or thoughts. I guess I need a community of practice and to seek support. I have been experiencing a lot of unhealthy inner reactions to this threatening experience (inner fear, judgement, blame, catastrophe thinking etc) I am working on transforming this to mindfulness, compassion, concern, strength and fearlessness) ---- reflections taken from Jack Wise Heart.
    Kornfield's
    Just for today, my intention is to bow in gratitude that I have been given this experience to practice the path.

I am grateful that this website exists and I am not alone in this journey of self discovery.

Have a lovely day

Gene
    Last edited by Genecanuck; 23 Sep 17 at 13:15.

Hi Gene,

Its really good to see you again!

I'm so sorry that you're experiencing such a difficult time at work and hope that you will be able to resolve the problems you're having there.

This talk from Ajahn Sumedho "Fear and Stress in Life" might be of some help to you:

http://dharmaseed.org/talks/audio_player/10/29690.html

With metta,

Aloka

Quote Originally Posted by Aloka View Post
    Hi Gene,

Its really good to see you again!

I'm so sorry that you're experiencing such a difficult time at work and hope that you will be able to resolve the problems you're having there.

This talk from Ajahn Sumedho "Fear and Stress in Life" might be of some help to you:

http://dharmaseed.org/talks/audio_player/10/29690.html

With metta,

Aloka
    Thanks for your kindness Aloka,

I appreciate it very much. I have downloaded this file and am listening to it right now.

Warm regards

Gene

Hi, I found this article insightful.

REFLECTIONS ON MARA

By the Rev. Jnana - Zen Dharma Teacher

Cheers

Gene

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Tue, 1:40 PM Tue, 3:40 PM Tue, 9:40 PM Wed, 2:10 AM Wed, 4:40 AM Wed, 6:40 AM