Thread: New to this chat group

Forums Member
    I am new to this chat group. I'm Wyatt Shipley and my thoughts are that, those institutions that are labeled Religions, let them define the attributes of their religion.

I have been a Buddhist for over 20-years and I have spent over 18-years in Thailand. I just arrived from Thailand after being gone 18-years -- last month. So, it seems that I stepped into an alternate reality as far as Southern California is concerned. The great recession has caused some radical changes; not to mention what $5.00 will buy. Certainly not a happy meal at McDonalds.

There was a Military Coup in Thailand last May 22nd and that and the worst 3-months of my life made clear to me that it was time to go.

I am 58-years old, I had a Thai wife and was perfectly happy spending 9-years growing rice. Before that I was an English Teacher until I quit because teaching was killing me. I was never so happy as in December when I could walk among the tan and brown rice - 11-rai of land, and say I did this -- with a lot of help from my Thai friends and Family. Hard work? for 5-6 weeks - yeah, but it really wasn't that hard and I could fully practice Buddhist thought constantly. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to grow rice, but being Buddhist helps a lot.

So that is my intro- Wyatt - after 18-years - Back from the dead as my brothers and sisters call it: I call it stepping into the Twilight Zone. -So. Cal.

Best of everything to all

-- Wyatt

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

It must be quite a shock to move suddenly from Thailand to California. I hope the adaptation is not too painful.

Woodscooter.

Forums Member
    Wyatt here
    I can't get some message from somebody. I'm still fumbling my way around the computer and this so-called information highway. Do people crash as much as I do on this Highway? Sheesh! Oh heck why not -- my e-mail is wyattshipley5@gmail.com I hope that makes it easier for all this bizarre form of communication. Next I'm gonna be asked to post a picture of myself. The last time I tried to do that, the computer locked up and smoke started coming not from the ash tray. I don't know about twitter, facebook, Gary Gach e-mail address -- the well --ggg don't work - I don't remember who wrote the Harry Potter series -- so I never made to Tricycle

What else has gone wrong---gone wrong--

Best of everything
    Wyatt

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodscooter View Post
    Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

It must be quite a shock to move suddenly from Thailand to California. I hope the adaptation is not too painful.

Woodscooter.
    Wyatt here -- Define painful-- of course there is Dukka- There is the great god called MONEY. Make penance to me abject human. Gosh Mr. Shipley you seem to have a 20-year gap in your employment history -- Don't call us -- We'll be in touch.

And so it goes--
    Best Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt
    I can't get some message from somebody. I'm still fumbling my way around the computer and this so-called information highway. Do people crash as much as I do on this Highway? Sheesh! Oh heck why not -- my e-mail is wyattshipley5@gmail.com I hope that makes it easier for all this bizarre form of communication.

Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to BWB!

If you look at the strip at the top of the main page you will see it says "Private Messages" There is a message there for you. I have also sent you an e-mail to tell you about it.

Please also check where it says "Help" in that strip at the top.....and also read our Code of Conduct.

http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries...ode-of-Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt
    Next I'm gonna be asked to post a picture of myself
    We don't ask for photos of our members here.

Kind regards,

Aloka.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 2:43 PM Fri, 4:43 PM Fri, 10:43 PM Sat, 4:13 AM Sat, 6:43 AM Sat, 9:43 AM