Thread: Coffee-induced greetings from past midnight in Los Angeles

Forums Member

Coffee-induced greetings from past midnight in Los Angeles

I often ask people, "What's your story?" So, I am answering my own question here in my introductory post with a brief approach.
    My story starts with a rude awakening.
    My last day of sanity was August 17th, 2008. That was the day I was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease. I couldn't escape the symptoms of severe hyperactivity of the mind, it was as if I was perceiving a horrific nightmare in waking reality. Once I realized that the more I practiced meditation, then the chemical imbalance of my brain would subside. I was able to support myself and devout my waking hours to meditation. Sitting up to two hours at a time, practicing Shamatha meditation. I thankfully discovered Shamatha meditation through the book titled The Attention Revolution, authored by B. Alan Wallace. Among the many other books I have enjoyed studying, I found this one, The Attention Revolution, to be the most beneficial to my journey. As a meditation manual it allowed me to be free.
    I am here to relate to others, understand and accept the diversity of others through compassion.
    Feel free to inquire within this post/thread about my meditation experiences and how it has affected my dreams, which I thoroughly enjoy, and the brain disease of which I am now free of, however from which so many others suffer.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this,
    I appreciate it.
    Genuinely,
    Maurice.

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to BWB!

With kind wishes,

Aloka

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hi maurice,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 4:16 AM Mon, 6:16 AM Mon, 12:16 PM Mon, 4:46 PM Mon, 7:16 PM Mon, 9:16 PM