Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: How was your week ?

Gene, how lovely to see you again.... welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Aloka View Post
    Gene, how lovely to see you again.... welcome back!

Thank you Aloka,

I hope you are healthy, safe and well.

Hello Genecanuck, thank you for your kindness, likewise this group is the nearest to any Sangha that I have. Over the last few years, I have been wanting to visit the Ladywood Monastery, but have yet to pick up the courage to go, mainly from my own perception that I would rather visit Amravati to listen to those wise men with whom I am familiar. I suppose it is that I have no idea what goes on at Ladywood? If any one does have experience of the Ladywood monastery your please let me know of your experience please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker
    Over the last few years, I have been wanting to visit the Ladywood Monastery, but have yet to pick up the courage to go, mainly from my own perception that I would rather visit Amravati to listen to those wise men with whom I am familiar. I suppose it is that I have no idea what goes on at Ladywood? If any one does have experience of the Ladywood monastery your please let me know of your experience please.
    Hi Thinker,

Is that also known as the Birmingham Buddhist Vihara? I've never been there, but I imagine it will be very different to Amaravati.

I think they follow the Burmese school of strict orthodox Theravada Buddhism and have links to Myanmar. However, strangely(to me at least!) the building is said to have been built from a traditional Tibetan design!

I don't know anything much about Burmese Buddhism myself, but there's "A short History of Buddhism in Myanmar" (written in 1996)

here:
    https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/.../wheel399.html

Thank you Aloka

Forums Member
    Hello all, I am sorry to say that my father passed away early this morning. I’m glad I got to spend time with him last night and try to comfort him.

So it goes

Metta

Mike

I'm so sorry, Mike...but its really good that you were able to spend that time with him.

Sending lots of love

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear the news, Mike. It's hard to lose a parent.

My best wishes to you and to the whole family affected by the loss.

Woodscooter.

Global Moderator
    Sorry to hear that Mike. My own experience is that I couldn't be with either of my parents because their deaths were both unexpected.
    Metta
    Phil

Forums Member
    Thank you for your kind words of support in my life. They are appreciated.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 12:49 AM Mon, 2:49 AM Mon, 8:49 AM Mon, 1:19 PM Mon, 3:49 PM Mon, 5:49 PM