Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your week ?

Well, as I was discharged from Hospital last week, have to say this week was a lot better!

Busy preparing for job interview on Friday, cursing the weather here on the so-called 'sunny' Isle of Wight and finished reading some of Ajahn Sumedho's writings..

Forums Member
    We had the first relief from the Arctic Blast since last December here in the Catskill Mountains. Finally got the back patio shoveled out so I could open the back door. Went out to eat a couple times since the roads were finally OK. Went for a walk. It was great to be outside!! (Heat wave: 40F!)

An exceptional week, both professionally and in Dharma practice. Started off with excellent news in terms of full-funding for a Ph.D. position in my field, thus setting the tone for the remainder of the week, which was filled with daily meditation practice with the sangha, and will end with a retreat.

The best thing to happen to me this week was reconnecting with an old friend I lost touch with for several years. It was so lovely to hear her voice again.

Forums Member
    At last the weather has brightened up and it is a lot warmer. Loneliness is still a problem, it is hard work sometimes getting through the day. Received Ajahn Sumedho's book The Sound Of Silence today. I shall get started tonight and look forward to discussing it on the forum as suggested with other forum members.

Peace

Gerry

Forums Member
    Hi all. Had a appointment with a cardiologist on Friday. He's discovered i have a left bundle branch fault, which freaked me out slightly. He wants to do a angiogram on me but as I'm fit and have no symptoms I've declined as the procedure can be quite risky. My sangha was very supportive last night and their love will see me through.

So ill just keep on trucking and lead a healthy as possible lifestyle. I don't want to be drugged up to the eyeballs which is what they'll do. The dharma and my practice will guide me, and the love and support of my sangha will support me. What will be will be. Love Jonno

I hope Einsteins'sGhost and jonno have had some improvement with their health and that all our members at BWB are healthy and happy.

I'm looking forward to doing some gardening this weekend, now that the weather has calmed down here in the UK.

Forums Member
    This week I made huge inroads in catching up a lot of paperwork I had been avoiding. Bought tickets to India and eagerly awaiting laying in the sun. Staying part of the time at a Tibetan monastery guesthouse that I like in Delhi. Bought toys for friends' kids on the trip. All in all a productive week.

Jonno: you can also have that checked non invasively with a CAT scan of the heart. I had that done a couple years ago and it is easy peasy.

Hope all are well here on the forum. Delaware, hope you have (had?) a wonderful trip!

This week was not easy, but satisfying in the end. Been working on helping to secure some more benefits for my disabled brother. Things are looking good at this point. When my mom passes away (she is elderly), I will be looking out for my brother.

My partner was in great need of a newer vehicle for work. We surmounted that hurdle this week.

Was able to accomplish what was set before me at work.

Kept up my sutta studies and also my meditation commitment.

With love,
    Sea Turtle

There have been a few ups and downs for me this week. A friend died unexpectedly, my home computer crashed for a couple of days amongst other things - and I've been feeling exhausted.

However, I start physiotherapy next week for a damaged tendon in one of my arms, so hopefully that will make a difference.... its a sunny day today and I can hear a Robin singing sweetly in a tree outside!

How has everyone else been getting on ?

With metta,

Aloka

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Tue, 12:00 PM Tue, 2:00 PM Tue, 8:00 PM Wed, 1:30 AM Wed, 4:00 AM Wed, 7:00 AM