Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your week ?

Previous Member
    This week i finished to read Samyutta Nikaya, next week i will finish Digha Nikaya, and start Majjhima Nikaya.

I'm been clearing up the mess after water from heavy rain kept pouring through the ceiling from a gap in the roof. A fence also blew down in the gales we had here in the UK and it hasn't been fixed properly yet.

Oh... and I keep losing my internet connection at home.

Had a nice meal with an old friend yesterday evening... its always good to catch up with other people and have a chat.

How was your week this week ?

Forums Member
    Good to see this thread pop up again - it's hard to believe that the first posts were about gardens just beginning to bloom, now we are once again swinging into earth's dormant phase - at least in this hemisphere. The trees are bare and we have had wild and wooly weather here in the Midwest US - we heard about the storms in the UK. Sorry to hear about the fence and the ceiling Aloka!

Besides watching leaves wildly blow about this week I also was able to coax a mouse who had gotten into my furnace back out and safely transfer him/her to a nature preserve a few miles away. There is water, fields, and a small shed that might serve for shelter - we are also in a stretch of unseasonably warm weather so I have great hope for him/her to live out their proper life cycle. Certainly better than being stuck in a furnace with no food or water.

Also have joined a dhamma discussion group that I am enjoying very, very much!

Lovely thread!

Metta4, it's wonderful to hear about the mouse you helped.

Last week (and this one, so far) are oddly slow with work due to project delays. Made some headway on helping plan things for my next-older brother...trying to shore up his assets and arrangements for the future, as he is disabled and living with my elderly mom. Learning much in the process...as well as observing how the more troubling aspects of our past relationship have faded and been replaced by a gentle kindness and care.

Sea Turtle

Aside from the job it was funny looking at people being crazy around the 'malls' trying to buy happiness in the Black Friday. Really silly.

Here in the UK, this last week I've been following the news with increasing dismay about all the flooding in parts of the country because of the freak weather conditions and rising sea levels .

All those poor people having to abandon their homes and being waist deep in rising water. Some places with blocked sewers too. Not to mention the suffering of the farm animals and wildlife.

How was/is your week ?

Forums Member
    Nothing too exciting. Went to see youngest son playing his drums in a band of ten musicians. Real live music.

In the last 7 - 10 days been to the dentist, eyes passed fit by the optician and had a final blood test which should be ok. Continue to use my inhaler for my mild COPD which stops any wheezing. All in all a clean bill of health..

I am hoping to celebrate Thai new year in April and will contact the Forest Hermitage in Warwickshie in UK and see if I can stay for maybe up to a week, great for my practice and I can also help to run the place. I will have to abide by the rules of the centre, wake up at 4.30 AM with the monks and no eating after mid day. It's a tough life in the Theravada Forest Tradition. It will also be a chance for me to ask questions of the monks for the first time in 34 years of being a Buddhist.

The wind at Mumbles Head, Swansea, South Wales hit 98 MPH today, but North Wales beat us with 108 MPH. I'm staying indoors unless I have to go out. Stocked up with plenty of food, supermarket delivered the groceries.

Peace

Gerry

Busy. A lot of efforts to bring into life a small orchestra for difficult students. Arts are a way to tame and lead their energy into positive attitudes toward life and meaning to their existence.

I've been very busy at work!My boss agreed to too many people taking annual leave and now I am working those extra shifts to cover his mistakes!Grrrr Had to miss a buddhists group Wednesday night due to this,so not too happy atm tbh!I have the weekend off though so am planning to take good care of myself,go out to lunch with my husband,meditate and so forth.

This week end I've started a book about Hinduism which name I forgot....I went to Shiné again, and had a drink with a Scottish friend. Pretty good week :)

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 10:35 AM Thu, 12:35 PM Thu, 6:35 PM Fri, 12:05 AM Fri, 2:35 AM Fri, 5:35 AM