Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: How was your week ?

Hello, finally found a nice apartment within our price range. It’s only ten minutes away from where we live now, which is great. We had been looking up to four hours away, so we are happy with our new home. It has taken all my stress away. Looking forward to moving in!

Quote Originally Posted by justusryans View Post
    Hello, finally found a nice apartment within our price range. It’s only ten minutes away from where we live now, which is great. We had been looking up to four hours away, so we are happy with our new home. It has taken all my stress away. Looking forward to moving in!

Fantastic! Wishing you and your family many happy times there, Mike.

In the past week, I have had some lessons in non-attachment, impermanence, and patience.

Last Monday, I came home from walking the dog to find that we had no water pressure. A quick diagnostic suggested the well pump was not working. The plumber was able to stop by the same day, and basically agreed with my opinion. The following day, a crew showed up and prepared to raise the pump. It wouldn't come out of the hole: something was jamming it. When something is stuck down a deep well, you are pretty much looking at getting in a drilling rig.

I left for an afternoon appointment, fully expecting to come home to find a drilling crew scheduled. Instead, I found all the contents of the well - pump, pipe, wiring, and a big ball of rope that was the cause of the jam - lying on the lawn. The crew had dropped a camera down the hole, found the ball of rope down there, and had MacGyvered a solution to bring the rope and all the equipment to the surface. My midday the following day, we had new everything down the well.

And then, yesterday, the oven died. The stove is only four years old. Appliance repairmen don't come as quickly as plumbers, it seems.

Om mani padme hum
    Kathy

Hi, Kathy. Yes. There are no better devices to teach us the truth of impermanence than electro-mechanical systems.

We experienced a similar failure with our pump, but not with a similar cause. My current wife bought this home in the year 2000 and all of its electro-mechanical systems are approaching 20 years old, which is twice the expected life of service for such devices. We do not have to wait for any repair persons, however, as I am a retired engineer and find great satisfaction in repairing whatever my wife breaks, or which fails due to old age. Ironically our latest failure has been our water pump as well, due to a defective water pump pressure switch, available at our local Lowes Hardware store.

Glad your systems are up and running again. I wonder if the ball of rope was left in the well since the time of installation or it flowed down stream from another well through your aquifer. If so, suggest you have someone check to see if you might have an undermining problem, which may cause you to lose your home into a sink hole as a result. ( Hope not, for your sake.)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001

Good morning everyone,
    Yes, mechanical systems and technology often make our lives more complicated. Kathy, I hope you are getting all of your repairs sorted out!!

Had a busy weekend. I am finishing a course in project management and worked the whole weekend on an assignement. I got up this morning feeling tired and heading off to work.

Have a good day.

Gene

Me again. More electromechanical impermanence!

This week, it was my computer. Browser wouldn't load pages. Restarted the browser: it wouldn't restart. Rebooted the computer: it wouldn't reboot. It is now an electric paperweight.

So I had to buy a new one. Of course it is Windows 10, so everything is different. I am still wrestling with recovering my email.

They say, "She who laughs last had a backup." Luckily, that is true in my case: I had good automatic daily backups to an external drive. I have recovered most of my data. Getting the new email to recognize the old files is the only major hassle left. Aside from paying the bill when it comes in!

Regarding the well, Olderon, I saw the camera view of the ball of rope, and there is no doubt it got there from falling down the well.

Gene, we are still waiting for the appliance repair guy to replace the element in the stove. He only comes to this area on Thursdays, but last Thursday, we had to be in the city for a medical appointment.

Om mani padme hum
    Kathy

Good morning Kathy,

Awwww yes. I am quite familiar with computer software technology problems. Yesterday, I was finishing a project management school assignment. I had been working on the assignment for a week and I made some technical mistake which ruined all the data I had been entering. I could have spent another five hours fixing the data but decided to submit the assignment as is because I was feeling exhausted.

I have also been victim of complete computer failure and try to back up often.

My plan for today is to just take it easy and let things flow. We will see how that goes.:)

Have a lovely day everyone.

Gene

My latest and most frequent cyber frustration has been with Norton A. V. .

To my surprise they actually fixed a failure of which I have repeatedly complained for over a year. Yeeeeaaaaaa!

Good morning,

I woke up this morning and discovered that I am not really focused on anything. My mind seems to want to bounce around from task to task or thought to thought without starting or finishing anything.

I need to practice mindfulness today!

May everyone be at peace and aware today.

Regards

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Genecanuck View Post
    . My mind seems to want to bounce around from task to task or thought to thought without starting or finishing anything.

Now that sounds familiar..... I call it my "butterfly mind"!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 10:45 AM Mon, 12:45 PM Mon, 6:45 PM Mon, 11:15 PM Tue, 1:45 AM Tue, 3:45 AM