Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: How was your week ?

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Re-birthday greetings to you, Ron. May you continue to keep those precepts and forgive yourself for occasional lapses.

Best wishes,
    Woodscooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderon View Post
    vThank you in advance for your cards, e-cards, and best regards.
    Happy Birthday Ron,

Kind Regards
    Gene

Hello everyone

How has everyone been getting on this week in September ? I have been more or less out of action with a nasty flu bug, but I'm beginning to feel some improvement today.

How about you?

Lots of driving to have done. Had to go call in to the Veterans Administration to check on some medication delays.In the process of moving again! Moving closer to my wife’s mom. So packing right now.
    Sorry about the flu bug... I know how much that can take out of you, so glad you’re feeling better Aloka. It’s probably a good idea for me to get my yearly flu shot.

Stay well

Mike

Hope the move goes smoothly, Mike ..and thank you so much for your good wishes!

Adjusting pH of lawn with applications of granular lime. Found that I was in need of a drop spreader, which is a tool not available locally. Waiting arrival and raking, raking, and raking. Fall dukkha!

What Scotts calls a Classical Drop spreader arrived yesterday by U.S. Mail and have since applied 120 lbs of pulverized lime on three areas of our lawn. Made the mistake of trying to use a rotary spreader due to my impatience waiting for the drop spreader and wound up filling my shoes and coating my legs from ankles up to my knees with lime. Also decided that I need to utilize a fine particulate respirator as the rotary spreader creates a nice cloud of dust.

Also found that raking and forking-up acorns expedites the process of cutting and vacuuming the lawn before lime application, so as to make the coating more uniform.

Have discovered a new form of walking meditation as a result: "pH adjustment meditation".

Hello everyone, How have you all been getting on lately ?

It's very cold here this morning and I noticed on the news around the country that in some places there's been really serious flooding with rivers bursting their banks, as well as mudslides because of very heavy rainfall - and people are having to be evacuated from their homes.

Meanwhile, election fever grips the media for yet another day!

Our local jurisdiction has made their rounds of leaf & yard debris collection in our neighborhood. According to their protocol they only pass through once and my yards are loaded with acorns this year from our oak trees. Elbows, shoulders, ankles, and knees are arching with the daily yard work collecting yard debris, which this time of year is never-ending. Our temperature dropped twenty degrees yesterday and even lower last night. We were blessed with a series of snow squalls which prompted me to fuel and start-up my snow blower.

The beauty of snow-fall is that the leaf-fall will soon be over, and I am grateful to Mother Nature for that.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 6:53 PM Thu, 8:53 PM Fri, 2:53 AM Fri, 8:23 AM Fri, 10:53 AM Fri, 1:53 PM