Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: How was your week ?

Quote Originally Posted by KathyLauren View Post
    Really good week. I had some surgery, that went well. I’ll be heading home tomorrow, not a moment too soon. I just hope I don’t catch anything on the plane.

On mani padme hum
    Kathy
    Wishing you a safe journey home and a speedy recovery, Kathy.

Speedy and safe recovery, Kathy.....Ron

Still in hibernation here. Only going out to shovel snow, play with our dog, and shop.

Forums Member
    In self-isolation but trying to keep fit. Up to 28 miles a day on the exercise bike I bought before lockdown. Takes an hour at my level of fitness so I've rigged up my book reader on the handlebars and listen to selections of music.

Hi, Philg.

28 mph for one hour is quite a pace! The best I ever did was 15 mph over a distance of 150 miles. Had to give it up at age forty or so when I also started averaging 8 flats per outing due to poor spoke thread protection, because I wasn't able to carry sufficient tube patches with me to finish the trips.

Then there were also the leg cramps, which I had to deal with the following week.

After replacing my tire rim liners, I decided to hang up the bike and take up dog walking.

I am very impressed with your performance.! Suggest you check-out the Olympics in Japan after the Caronavirus runs it's course

Ron
    Last edited by Olderon; 26 Mar 20 at 04:26.

Hello everyone,

I have been in the thick of planning a business continuity plan for my organization in the midst of COVID 19. We sent most of our staff home to work.

In this challenging COVID 19 situation, I am thinking about all of of my friends on this site.

May you stay safe and healthy!!

Kind Regards,

Gene

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderon View Post
    Hi, Philg.

28 mph for one hour is quite a pace! The best I ever did was 15 mph over a distance of 150 miles. Had to give it up at age forty or so when I also started averaging 8 flats per outing due to poor spoke thread protection, because I wasn't able to carry sufficient tube patches with me to finish the trips.

Then there were also the leg cramps, which I had to deal with the following week.

After replacing my tire rim liners, I decided to hang up the bike and take up dog walking.

I am very impressed with your performance.! Suggest you check-out the Olympics in Japan after the Caronavirus runs it's course

Ron
    Hi Ron

I used to cycle a lot when I was young and was pretty nifty at repairing punctures by the side of the road. I took it up again later in life but the traffic where I lived was far too dangerous to mess with and I had to keep to side roads, and eventually gave up again and kept to walking the dog. Unfortunately he died a few years ago and I couldn't bring myself to get another, hence the exercise bike I bought with self isolation in mind. The aim is to get to 30 miles at a steady 30 mph, every other day, and then maybe vary the tension or speed rather than try to go further. I was just pleased that the leg muscles hadn't disappeared over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Genecanuck View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have been in the thick of planning a business continuity plan for my organization in the midst of COVID 19. We sent most of our staff home to work.

In this challenging COVID 19 situation, I am thinking about all of of my friends on this site.

May you stay safe and healthy!!

Kind Regards,

Gene
    Hi Gene,

Good to hear from you again....I was wondering about you earlier today and hoping that you were ok!

With metta,

Aloka

Thanks Gene,
    I’m catching up on all my backed-up reading right now.
    May you also stay safe and healthy in these difficult times.

With metta,
    Mike

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 3:22 AM Fri, 5:22 AM Fri, 11:22 AM Fri, 3:52 PM Fri, 6:22 PM Fri, 8:22 PM