Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: How was your week ?

I really hope things go well for you, Ron, you're very brave!

I'm still struggling along with shoulder and lower back problems in the heatwave we've been having here lately. When it gets into the low to mid 30's I get heat exhaustion and my aches and pains worsen.

Goodness knows how people are coping in countries where temperatures have been/are in the high 40's. There are so many wildfires around the world too, even as far north as the Arctic Circle - and I've seen news items about the seriousness of climate change on both BBC and Sky TV news channels lately. (Though I guess that's a topic for our environment forum!)

Keep us posted about your consultations and surgery.

Hi, Aloka.

Aches, pains, medical interventions, fires, floods, Earth quakes, asteroid strikes, Global Warming, Global Cooling (ice ages), and eventual consumption by our sun as it uses up its hydrogen fuel allowing for its fusion reaction allowing it to go Red Giant are all part of this samsaric universe in which we live. All this and worse are to be expected.

So, ....I guess the answer to it all is study, meditate, and chop wood, or cut grass, which I find better than walking meditation.

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hi Ron,

The cost of water is much the same here in the UK. They charge us once for supplying the water, and charge again for taking it away through the sewer. Good idea to install irrigation to save some of your water cost.

Along with the rest of us here, I hope your heart surgery next week goes as planned and works out well for you. Don't forget -no cutting the grass for a good few weeks afterwards! But please keep in touch.

Hi Ron,
    Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm regards
    Gene

Thanks for the thoughts and warm regards, Gene.

Had final meeting with surgical staff yesterday. Surgery next Tuesday, August 21rst, 2018. Heading out to cut the grass for the last time before surgery now. This is how I do my walking meditations. _/\_Ron

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Wed, 1:50 AM Wed, 3:50 AM Wed, 9:50 AM Wed, 2:20 PM Wed, 4:50 PM Wed, 6:50 PM