Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your week ?

Hi, hope it is okay to post in an old thread, I hoped in posting here I might get to better learn about how the community is doing!

The week has just started but it has been a good one, things are coated in snow at the minute. I went outside and it's late, it was unusually quiet in that blanketing way that happens when there's a heavy snowfall. The flakes were illuminated by streetlights, few cars out there at that hour, it was very peaceful and silent. It is a busy street, usually lots of comings and goings, so to hear it so still was quite a gift. Is anyone else receiving this snow?

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    You are welcome to post any time in this thread.

I loved reading your description of the snow-filled street, and the stillness that came with it.

Here where I am, in the UK, we haven't seen snow for a year at least. There's snow in Scotland, I hear. But it's been unusually mild this winter, here in the South of England. As I look out of my window, I see weak sunshine and a clear sky. The air is a little cold, yet it's a good day to be outside, getting a little exercise.

We had heard of the East Coast of the USA coming to a standstill last week (was it last week, or the one before) as a huge blizzard engulfed about five states. What parts of the USA are getting snow this week?

Zarabeau, thank you for your descriptions of the snow and the stillness. I also enjoyed reading your descriptions, Woodscooter.

We were one of the areas on the east coast of the USA that received the blizzard last week. Since we're right on the coast, there is always a danger of high winds and flooding. But in our little pocket of the world, which happens to be quite elevated, with woods and a ridge of trees protecting us at the back, we fared well. It's always lovely to see the trees laden with snow the morning after a storm when the sun comes up.

Despite the blizzard, we've mainly been having an oddly warm winter. This morning I heard birds gathering in front where they normally make their nest in early spring. They weren't quite nest building yet, but maybe discussing their plans?

I too live where we got a lot of snow- more than the Mile High city. I did a lot of snow shoveling, a new chore for me. I enjoyed it-for now. Snow smells good to me and the crumple sound is also pleasing. It was a good week for me. I had a rough January but things are looking better every day.

Interesting to hear about the weather in different parts of the world. I am glad that we are all doing okay, and that things are getting better for you, Neyya!

I hope everyone's week has started off well. I started the day off opening the door to see a lovely hawk-face staring down at me. What a beautiful sight! I am fortunate to live in a place beneath a tall, old tree, where the red-tailed hawks nest in the spring. I enjoy talking to them, and wishing them well, though they are wary of humans who walk around under their tree! Supposedly golden eagles nest there as well, but they haven't come yet while I've been here. I also have a Great Horned owl friend who hoots in a duet with the woodpecker at sunset, and likes to keep me company by hooting late at night when we are both awake. It was lovely to start my week off saying hello to one of the hawks. They are not around as much in winter, so I am glad when they are there.

I had an unexpected situation today. Two people got into a fight right in front of me, and I did not learn confrontational skills when I was younger, so I habitually avoid it now. But this time I did indeed act, and unintentionally became the mediator between them. This was a new for me so it was affirming to see how I was able to keep the calm between the group, and ultimately dissolve the tension. I am very glad that I was able to do that for them. It made me happy to see calmness and understanding in action!

When I came home the hawk was still there, staring impetuously out at the sky, tranquil and unmoving. He/she definitely made my day.

How is everyone else doing? I will be happy to read your responses!

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Meeting with a hawk makes a good start to the week.

But something that happened to you reminded me of something that happened to me. But it wasn't this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarabeau View Post

I had an unexpected situation today. Two people got into a fight right in front of me, and I did not learn confrontational skills when I was younger, so I habitually avoid it now. But this time I did indeed act, and unintentionally became the mediator between them. This was a new for me so it was affirming to see how I was able to keep the calm between the group, and ultimately dissolve the tension. I am very glad that I was able to do that for them. It made me happy to see calmness and understanding in action!
    I was travelling on a local bus, when one of the passengers, a scruffy man, possibly the worse for drink, started cursing and annoying the passenger sitting in front of him, a woman. I was sitting a few seats back. After a minute or two, I acted spontaneously, without planning what I was going to do, I walked to the front of them both and I spoke angrily and firmly to the man. I can't even remember what I said, it was something like "Don't you speak like that on my bus! Behave yourself!". I paused, then returned to my seat. It had the required effect.

Looking back on it, I'm pleased that I trusted my inner person to deal with the situation. Just as you allowed your better judgement to act to defuse a confrontation.

It is very powerful what can happen when we learn to trust in our reactions. I am glad that you know this too!

It has been a testing week. My sweet lizard passed away during a time of stress and extreme fatigue. I know that there is no more suffering of old age for her now. Just trying to stay in the present moment for now with everything that is happening and finding times to relax.

How is everyone else doing? Good, I hope?

Sorry you are going through such a trying time, Zarabeau. I do hope things are easing up for you.

What kind of lizard did you have? Sounds like she had a nice long life in your care. We have reptiles here, too.

There was a deadline this past week that required a good amount of overtime. That can throw me off, because it is fatiguing and upsets the balance of things. Rebalancing now.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Forums Member
    This past week I put up a new permanent meditation spot in my room. in a corner where I dont have to ever move it or take it up and put it back. I made a new meditation time to meditate that works really well for my schedule and I recommitted to the buddhist path, knock on wood.

This week I felt a bit of depression and also noticed that Saturn has formed in exact conjunction with my sun sign. I did 23 hours of massage. I received an "intuitive soul reading" in a metaphysical store and she said I would write seven books before I died.

My intention for the coming week is to tap into the spiritual friend or "self compassion" as I go about my days wandering in dukkha. My intention is to have compassion for my fellow massage therapists around me who always seem to be in a state of noticeable dukkha.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 1:16 PM Fri, 3:16 PM Fri, 9:16 PM Sat, 1:46 AM Sat, 4:16 AM Sat, 6:16 AM