Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: How was your week ?

Forums Member
    how is everyone, i hope you are okay.

i wanted find more books on Buddhism but there aren't that many at the library so its okay if i just look for online sources. i had to go back to the doctor and he upped a few of my medications so hopefully it works and i can become normal again.

hi cb,

Its good to hear from you again, I was wondering how you were!

For online resources, I can recommend Ajahn Sumedho's 5 volume Anthology which is available on Amaravati Monastery website. Here's Volume One - 'Peace is a Simple Step'

http://www.amaravati.org/dhamma-book...a-simple-step/

Hope your new levels of medication will be better for you.

With lots of good wishes,

Aloka.

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbbrown View Post
    how is everyone, i hope you are okay.

i wanted find more books on Buddhism but there aren't that many at the library so its okay if i just look for online sources. i had to go back to the doctor and he upped a few of my medications so hopefully it works and i can become normal again.
    I think when you get your medications fine tuned and with the effort you are putting into finding your path that soon you may be much better than just normal.
    chownah

Previous Member
    Well this week,has been pretty ok so far.On a weeks holiday (Staycation!)so been to my allotment,lunch out a couple of days,yoga,book reading,cooking,and today....washing windows!lol It has to be done hey?

Hello everyone,
    It is Thanksgiving in Canada and I am taking it easy at home today but this feels like the end of the week:)

This past week has been a roller coaster of ups and downs with a lot of mental gymnastics going on in my mind. I read some excerpts from Jack Kornfield's Wise Heart and did some work on a project management course that I am taking online.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Gene

There have been a number of extra things for me to deal with in the past week or so, such as unsatisfactory cooking facilities since my electric cooker broke down and can't be repaired, an ailing old gas boiler which needed new valves and an overhaul, which is also in the kitchen, leaking taps and sink in the bathroom, ivy badly shredding the wood panels in my back fence outside and so on....

How's everyone else getting on ?

Good morning everyone,

Good to see you Aloka!!:) Hope you got some of your kitchen issues fixed. I was about to say that its been a busy week but then I just thought that "busyness" seems to be my default sentiment. I find that interesting..... There is lots of stuff going on at work. I am in the midst of organizing a staff retreat. Also had a short visit to my home town this past weekend to attend a burial service

This past week, I focused on continuing to practice loving kindness.

Have a good day everyone.

Gene

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 8:43 AM Sat, 10:43 AM Sat, 4:43 PM Sat, 9:13 PM Sat, 11:43 PM Sun, 2:43 AM