Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: How was your week ?

Recently participated in a paid online urological study. The most amazing fact to me was that I was familiar with veritably every medication presented in the survey from personal experience.

It is a shame that there are no surveys about death in which we could share our personal experiences. This ability would at least help defer some of the funeral expence.

Happy Thanks Giving to those in the colonies.

Ron

Happy Thanksgiving to one and and all.

Hello everyone,

Our cat became gravely ill and we had to have him euthanized last week. The term sounds very clinical. There is lots of suffering. I find myself struggling with not deeply personalizing this suffering. It feels personal. We considered our cat a loving member of our family. We have memories of him which are triggered each time we walk through our house.

I am reminded of The First Insight: There is Suffering (Dukkha)

“Now this, monks, is the noble truth of stress: Birth is stressful, aging is stressful, death is stressful; sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, & despair are stressful; association with the unbeloved is stressful, separation from the loved is stressful, not getting what is wanted is stressful. In short, the five clinging-aggregates are stressful.” (trans. Thanissaro Bhikkhu”

I am heading to work today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.

Cheers

Gene

Hi, Gene.

Hope all went well at work today, although I can't imagine it for you that way.

We have two cats: one is 17+ years old, the other about 5+ with kidney disease.

We have lost two other pets since acquiring these two. Each death is crushing, no doubt due to our attachments to them.

Our experience has been that condolences are in order, as with any child of ours, which was lost to birth, aging, disease and death.

May you be at peace after a time.

Ron

I am so sorry Gene and Ron, loosing a pet can be like loosing a family member. Our cat is getting older and starting to have issues. She’s over 15 years old and about 17 pounds.
    We are not looking forward to that day. As you say... part of the family!

Sorry about your cat Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloka View Post
    Sorry about your cat Gene.

Thank you Aloka

Quote Originally Posted by Olderon View Post
    Hi, Gene.

Hope all went well at work today, although I can't imagine it for you that way.

We have two cats: one is 17+ years old, the other about 5+ with kidney disease.

We have lost two other pets since acquiring these two. Each death is crushing, no doubt due to our attachments to them.

Our experience has been that condolences are in order, as with any child of ours, which was lost to birth, aging, disease and death.

May you be at peace after a time.

Ron
    Thank you Ron,
    Much appreciated.
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by justusryans View Post
    I am so sorry Gene and Ron, loosing a pet can be like loosing a family member. Our cat is getting older and starting to have issues. She’s over 15 years old and about 17 pounds.
    We are not looking forward to that day. As you say... part of the family!
    Thank you Justusryans

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Thu, 1:04 AM Thu, 3:04 AM Thu, 9:04 AM Thu, 2:34 PM Thu, 5:04 PM Thu, 8:04 PM