Thread: Please enable Ajax functionality

Forums Member

Please enable Ajax functionality

Hello Aloka-D,

I'd request you to please enable ajax functionality in the forum.
    Saves bandwidth and page load, besides one can quickly edit messages without having to wait for a reload specially on lower bandwidth connections.
    I hope this request is considered.
    Thanks,
    -S

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    We had Ajax turned off while implementing a number of forum software upgrades. We also had it turned off while making a move to a new server last year.

Things are now more stable than they were, and I have enabled the Ajax features in response to your post.

Unless we get any complaints from users with browsers that cannot cope, we will keep Ajax enabled.

Woodscooter.

Forums Member
    I was making a post in another thread and ajax was trying to make a post, and it asked me if I wish to leave the page.
    I hope it was a temporary bug due to my internet speed.

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    No that was not a bug.

When you have typed anything in the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of a thread, the forum will check with you if you move to a new page without posting anything.

This is to preserve any typing you have done, instead of losing it by carelessly going to another page.

The only time you will see this message when you don't expect it, would be if you've accidentally entered a character or a space in the Quick Reply box.

Woodscooter.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Mon, 6:58 AM Mon, 8:58 AM Mon, 2:58 PM Mon, 7:28 PM Mon, 9:58 PM Mon, 11:58 PM