Thread: How To Print A Thread?

How To Print A Thread?

Is there any way to do just a text print of a single thread? Every once in awhile I find one that says "OHWOW!!!!!" and I would like to hang it on my refrigerator so I could concentrate on it throughout the day.

Fugu

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Yes, of course.

I see the problem: if you just print the current page, you get the header, the footer and all the links, too.

The best solution would be to go to http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.com/archive

There, you can follow links to each forum, and then follow links to an individual thread. The discussions are shown without images, videos or other distractions, and each post is contained within a border.

Threads are kept in date order, with the newest LAST. That's the reverse of what you get here in the main forum. Let me know if you have difficulty in locating any particular thread.

Once you have found the required thread, press Ctrl-P (or Print), and that should do it for you.

Woodscooter
    Technical Admin.

Forums Member

Thank you both. I tried the thread tools version, but that shows up with the coloured bg, which eats up my coloured ink. I think the archive ill work for me.

Fugu

Forums Member
    If you are using google chrome, you can do 'ctrl + p' and click on 'print using system dialogue' there you can change it to black and white and select the desired page(s) you wish to print, alternatively as suggested by the fellow member use a printable version method.
    -S

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    If you are using google chrome, you can do 'ctrl + p' and click on 'print using system dialogue' there you can change it to black and white and select the desired page(s) you wish to print, alternatively as suggested by the fellow member use a printable version method.
    -S
    There really isn't a problem to solve here. Using "Thread Tools" displays the thread in a printer-friendly form. It's shown with a colour background but the background doesn't get sent to the printer.

On my Google Chrome, 'Ctrl-P' is the regular shortcut to print using the system dialogue, same as on other browsers. The system dialogue allows you to select pages, or 'Print selection' which would be the best way to print part of a whole thread.

Woodscooter.

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sun, 6:11 PM Sun, 8:11 PM Mon, 2:11 AM Mon, 6:41 AM Mon, 9:11 AM Mon, 11:11 AM