Share on Facebook
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: simple logic - by riju

Previous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anata View Post
    posted by riju

Do not say you have nothing to say because to me, that mean you don't know what you are talking about and you are just saying random things to shake everyone's mind. Lets learn something together instead of wasting our effort in arguments that gets us nowhere.
    I am with you. I am thinking as how to write on "Why meditation is necessary". By tomorrow that will be on line

Quote Originally Posted by riju View Post
    I gift with you a writing on "why meditation and not studying is the only solution".
    study is not the solution when the written teachings are not understood

the written teachings are not understood when meditation does not bring the same insight as Buddha

the written teachings are an accurate representation of the Buddha's insight

it is important to be aware not all meditation and all meditators bring the same results

Last edited by Element; 10 Jul 12 at 09:33.

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    study is not the solution when the written teachings are not understood

the written teachings are not understood when meditation does not bring the same insight as Buddha

the written teachings are an accurate representation of the Buddha's insight

it is important to be aware not all meditation and all meditators bring the same results

It is also important to be aware that not all meditation insights are 'authentic.' Some are constructs of your own mind/brain, and some are ideas from others (like Mara.)

Not having an opinion on this thread either way, just adding what I thought to be an important point to Element's list of points, and a chance to use in my post.
    Last edited by Element; 10 Jul 12 at 09:33.

Forums Member
    posted by riju
    I am with you. I am thinking as how to write on "Why meditation is necessary". By tomorrow that will be on line
    There are many types of meditations that are being practice in many different point of views. I am waiting to see why your way of meditation is necessary to practice by all.

Dear riju,

No comments. But I am very happy with you because of your effort of extracting of Buddha sayings which gave support to my sayings. Those Buddha saying come down later in this reply of yours.
    None of the Buddha's statements support your points. The "simple logic" you expressed in the first post of this thread and in the discussion that followed frankly makes no sense whatsoever.

TEACHER ? thank you. Without a teacher no one can go forward. And I have moved forward.
    Major part of Lotus sutra is about creation of universes. The book is there, read it. You are very intelligent and still you are denying an obvious statement. Are you goading me to come out with some secrets? In that case come out with clear questions.
    The Lotus Sutra is not as you interpret it. There is no creation of universes anywhere in the Lotus Sutra. No teaching on the formation of galaxies or the cosmos. None of it. You might be mistaking the passages on the light emitted by the Buddha for some act of creation. The Lotus Sutra refers to illumination of universes, worlds, beings - not creation of them.

Lotus Sutra: Chapter 7

The Buddha announced to the monks: "When the Buddha Great Universal Wisdom Excellence attained anuttara-samyak-sambodhi, five hundred ten thousand million Buddha worlds in each of the ten directions trembled and shook in six different ways. The dark and secluded places within those lands, where the light of the sun and moon is never able to penetrate, were able to see one another, and they all exclaimed, saying, 'How is it that living beings have suddenly come into existence in this place?'

"Also the palaces of the various heavenly beings in those lands and the Brahma palaces trembled and shook in six different ways and a great light shone everywhere, completely filling the worlds and surpassing the light of the heavens. At that time in five hundred ten thousand million lands in the eastern direction the Brahma palaces shone with the brilliant light that was twice its ordinary brightness, and the Brahma kings each thought to himself. Now the brilliance of the palace is greater than ever in the past. What can be the cause of this phenomenon?

"At that time the Brahma kings visited one another to discuss this matter. Among them was a great Brahma king named Save All who, on behalf of the multitude of Brahma kings, spoke these verses, saying:

Our palaces have a brilliance
    never known in the past.
    What is the cause of this?
    Each of us seeks an answer.
    Is it because of the birth of some heavenly being of great virtue,
    or because the Buddha has appeared in this world
    that this great light
    shines everywhere in the ten directions?

http://nichiren.info/buddhism/lotuss...xt/chap07.html
    The light of the Buddha represents illumination - bringing to light that which was previously not seen or understood. The interpretation that somehow universes are created has nothing to do with the Lotus Sutra or any of the Buddha's teachings.

I have no view on God. I wrote in "Nothing exists" that some understand Emptiness as God. Please read back.
    Then why did you suggest that emptiness is like a God? That certainly reflects some type of view about God as a creator. Emptiness has been wrongly equated with God and creation time and time again in your posts. The Lotus Sutra did not teach such. The Heart Sutra did not teach such. The Diamond Sutra did not teach such. The Buddha did not teach such.

Wonderful sayings of Buddha. Do not they support my writings?
    No. In fact, they are in stark contradistinction.

Abhaya

Previous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhaya View Post
    Dear riju,

The Lotus Sutra is not as you interpret it. There is no creation of universes anywhere in the Lotus Sutra. No teaching on the formation of galaxies or the cosmos. None of it. You might be mistaking the passages on the light emitted by the Buddha for some act of creation. The Lotus Sutra refers to illumination of universes, worlds, beings - not creation of them.

In response from Lotus sutra
    His land will be level and smooth, the ground made of crystal, adorned with jeweled trees, with ropes of gold to mark the boundaries of the roads. Wonderful flowers will cover the ground, everywhere will be pure and clean, and all who see it will rejoice. The four evil paths of existence, hell and the realms of hungry spirits, beasts and asuras, will not exist there. There will be many heavenly and human beings, and multitudes of voice-hearers and bodhisattvas in innumerable tens of thousands of millions will adorn the land. That Buddha's life span will be twelve small kalpas, his Correct Law will endure in the world for twenty small kalpas, and his Counterfeit Law will endure in the world for twenty small kalpas."
    This Buddha will have thousand-millionfold worlds equal in number to Ganges sands as his Buddha land. The ground will be made of the seven treasures and level as the palm of a hand, without hills or ridges, ravines or gullies. The land will be filled with terraces and towers made of the seven treasures, and the heavenly palaces will be situated close by in the sky, so that human and heavenly beings can communicate and be within sight of each other. There will be no evil paths of existence there, nor will there be any women. All living beings will be born through transformation and will be without lewd desires. They will gain great transcendental powers, their bodies will emit a bright glow, and they will be able to fly at will. They will be firm in intent and thought, diligent and wise, and all alike will be adorned with golden color and the thirty-two features. All the living beings in that land will regularly take two kinds of food, one being the food of Dharma joy, the other the food of meditation delight. There will be immeasurable asamkhyas, thousands, ten thousands, millions of nayutas of bodhisattvas there, who will gain great transcendental powers and the four unlimited kinds of knowledge, and will be skilled and capable in teaching and converting the different varieties of living beings. The number of voice-hearers will be beyond the power of calculation or reckoning to determine. All will be fully endowed with the six transcendental powers, the three understandings, and the eight emancipations.

"This Buddha land will thus possess measureless blessings of this kind that will adorn and complete it. The kalpa will be named Treasure Bright and the land named Good and Pure. The Buddha's life span will be immeasurable asamkhya kalpas, his Law will endure for a very long time, and after the Buddha has passed into extinction, towers adorned with the seven treasures will be erected to him throughout the entire land."
    I am sending two of the universes that Buddha described. More than 30 different universes have been thus described

Previous Member
    Abhaya

The second universe is so facisinating ...
    It is going to be created by Purna Maitrayanputra in chapter 8.
    Their will be land and heavenly palaces and their will be communication with them.

It is not only death, old age, sickness or dukkha which Buddhas are going to transcend

Dear riju,

Your quotes from the Lotus Sutra are in reference to Sukhāvatī, the Pure Land. They are not in reference to the creation of universes. Once again, there is no mention of creation, whether by the Buddha or by emptiness, in any of the sources you cite. Your entire argument is flawed.

Abhaya

Previous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhaya View Post
    Dear riju,

Your quotes from the Lotus Sutra are in reference to Sukhāvatī, the Pure Land. They are not in reference to the creation of universes. Once again, there is no mention of creation, whether by the Buddha or by emptiness, in any of the sources you cite. Your entire argument is flawed.

Abhaya

ok, you win

Previous Member
    As most of the active members seem to disagree with me, should we not close down this thread?
    It was interesting as far as I am concerned.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 3:41 PM Sat, 5:41 PM Sat, 11:41 PM Sun, 4:11 AM Sun, 6:41 AM Sun, 9:41 AM