Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: question - about cosmic energy

  1. #1
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    94

    question - about cosmic energy

    If a statement is supported by logic or wisdom or meditation and Guatam Buddha has not refuted it,
    Should that statement have strength to support the arguement and will be allowed on this forum?

    For example I make a statement..

    "Absolute Emptiness splits into cosmic energy (Male) and cosmic energy (female) and the anti force is the physical energy.

    And then on the basis of this I go on and on.

    OR
    Our physical body is a computer keeping record of karmas of all births thro the cosmic electrons and so on and on
    Last edited by riju; 02 Jul 12 at 11:42.

  2. #2
    Administrator Aloka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,000
    Hi Riju,

    This is a Buddhist discussion and learning community - so its possible that some statements you might make in our website forums which aren't relevant to debate concerning the teachings of the Buddha, might not be applicable.

    As you are not a Buddhist yourself, in my humble opinion it might also be a good idea to leave cosmic electrons and the Lotus Sutra aside for a while - and just see if you can grasp some of the earlier core teachings of the historical Buddha such as The Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path, Dependent Origination etc. and engage in some questions and answers in order to understand and clarify them.

    Kind regards

    Aloka

  3. #3
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloka-D View Post
    Hi Riju,
    Buddhist yourself, in my humble opinion it might also be a good idea to leave cosmic electrons and the Lotus Sutra aside for a while - and just see if you can grasp some of the earlier core teachings of the historical Buddha such as The Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path, Dependent Origination etc. and engage in some questions and answers in order to understand and clarify them.
    Kind regards

    Aloka
    I have accepted your humble opinion and now posed a problem to you in beginners forum. The name of the topic is "Simple Logic"

    I have read Four Noble Truths, Noble Eightfold Path and Dependent Origination as per your advice.
    Why do I still feel that these studies are probably not required at my stage? Probably I could not have written on the thread "Nothing Exists" if I had not the understanding of these basic teachings. Even a Hindu can understand a lot of Buddhism. I surrendered my knowledge of Gita , Upnishads, Vedas etc. at the feet of Guatam Buddha after I learnt the following three Things.

    1. Matter and mind have one source and hence Buddha has 32 special physical features.
    2. There is nothing like permanent Atma, all is impermanent.
    3. And the last important teaching of Buddha ....that Buddhas have succeeded in creating an almost permanent Buddha as per chapter 16 (Life of Thus Come One) and the unsurpassed Wisdom behind the method that they have successfully used.


    Guatam Buddha has spoken .00000000001 % of what he knew. He has Not spoken many things but they can be logically derived.
    Is the forum "beyond belief " not suitable for this logic?

    I am not that anxious to write unless and until it helps the forum. And I will listen to your opinion and advice and abide by it.

  4. #4
    Administrator Aloka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,000
    Dear Riju

    I saw your thread in the beginners forum. However, I do not have the time to debate you myself about these matters. I see that someone has engaged you in the Beginners forum - and that is fine.

    I think its best for you to engage in active debate with someone. There's no point in just posting your thoughts here unless at least one other person is discussing them with you .


    kind regards

    Aloka

  5. #5
    Forums Member Karma Yeshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by riju View Post
    I have accepted your humble opinion and now posed a problem to you in beginners forum. The name of the topic is "Simple Logic"

    I have read Four Noble Truths, Noble Eightfold Path and Dependent Origination as per your advice.
    Why do I still feel that these studies are probably not required at my stage? Probably I could not have written on the thread "Nothing Exists" if I had not the understanding of these basic teachings. Even a Hindu can understand a lot of Buddhism. I surrendered my knowledge of Gita , Upnishads, Vedas etc. at the feet of Guatam Buddha after I learnt the following three Things.

    1. Matter and mind have one source and hence Buddha has 32 special physical features.
    2. There is nothing like permanent Atma, all is impermanent.
    3. And the last important teaching of Buddha ....that Buddhas have succeeded in creating an almost permanent Buddha as per chapter 16 (Life of Thus Come One) and the unsurpassed Wisdom behind the method that they have successfully used.


    Guatam Buddha has spoken .00000000001 % of what he knew. He has Not spoken many things but they can be logically derived.
    Is the forum "beyond belief " not suitable for this logic?

    I am not that anxious to write unless and until it helps the forum. And I will listen to your opinion and advice and abide by it.
    As a practicing Buddhist of TB I have been taught that the Four Noble Truths, Noble Eightfold Path and Dependent Origination are at the very core of the Buddha's Teachings as skillful means to end suffering. Everyone from begining practioners to high Lama use them as a foundation for inproving their own life and the lives of others.

    I would be interested in how you would feel that " I still feel that these studies are probably not required at my stage?"

    All the Best

  6. #6
    Previous Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma Yeshe View Post
    As a practicing Buddhist of TB I have been taught that the Four Noble Truths, Noble Eightfold Path and Dependent Origination are at the very core of the Buddha's Teachings as skillful means to end suffering. Everyone from begining practioners to high Lama use them as a foundation for inproving their own life and the lives of others.

    I would be interested in how you would feel that " I still feel that these studies are probably not required at my stage?"

    All the Best
    No, one need not study all these, if one has deeply understood Lotus sutra. They come to one's knowledge automatically.
    Guatam Budh confirms this in Lotus sutra. He says my all earlier teachings were all expedient means and are no more necessary. If you want I can get you the exact reference from the book.

  7. #7
    Administrator Aloka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,000
    Quote Originally Posted by riju
    No, one need not study all these, if one has deeply understood Lotus sutra. They come to one's knowledge automatically.
    Guatam Budh confirms this in Lotus sutra. He says my all earlier teachings were all expedient means and are no more necessary. If you want I can get you the exact reference from the book.

    Hi riju

    There is already a thread "Riju (Lotus sutra)" in our Mahayana/Vajrayana forum. There is no need to be talking about it there, in this thread in BB, and also in the thread you started in the Discovering Buddha's teachings beginners forum.

    Choose one of the three, please, there's no need to post about the Lotus Sutra in all of them.

    kind regards

    Aloka


    OK, no response and the one in the beginners forum is continuing at present so I'll close this one

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 1:40 AM Fri, 3:40 AM Fri, 9:40 AM Fri, 3:10 PM Fri, 5:40 PM Fri, 8:40 PM