Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deep Roots Need Good Soil

Deep Roots Need Good Soil

If you have a supportive sangha, it’s easy to nourish your bodhicitta, the seeds of enlightenment. If you don’t have anyone who understands you, who encourages you in the practice of the living dharma, your desire to practice may wither. Your sangha—family, friends, and copractitioners—is the soil, and you are the seed. No matter how vigorous the seed is, if the soil does not provide nourishment, your seed will die. A good sangha is crucial for the practice. Please find a good sangha or help create one.

Thich Nhat Hanh
    I got this quote in my email and I realised something I had not consciously before, that you people are my sangha, my Buddhist friends, brothers, sisters, supporters. I post it here in case it might do for someone else what it did for me, help them see you in a different and enhanced light.

with metta from

Andrew

Here is the link to the rest of the article: http://www.tricycle.com/insights-and...a?offer=dharma.

It is interesting to note that Thich Nhat Hanh is very forthright at the beginning of the article, referring as he does to "the unwholesome ways of our time". I find it refreshing and illuminating to have it put so plainly, yet modestly. Not but what our times have good in them too, but there is much - a very great deal - that we as a world community would be better off without.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmelt
    I got this quote in my email and I realised something I had not consciously before, that you people are my sangha, my Buddhist friends, brothers, sisters, supporters. I post it here in case it might do for someone else what it did for me, help them see you in a different and enhanced light.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes for our group, Andrew. It is always been my hope that we can be a friendly, helpful community here and continually support each other in our understanding and practice of the Buddha's teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloka-D
    Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes for our group, Andrew. It is always been my hope that we can be a friendly, helpful community here and continually support each other in our understanding and practice of the Buddha's teachings.

You are very welcome.

Nice quote Andrew, thank you for sharing.
    With kind regards
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher
    Nice quote Andrew, thank you for sharing.
    With kind regards
    Gary

Meaningful quote, thank you for posting it.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by thundreams
    Meaningful quote, thank you for posting it.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmelt
    Andrew dear,

I really like and need huge amount of solitude so to do zazen, to study the teachings, etc... but when I go to the dojo to practice and in the seshines there is a change in quality in my practice... like a deep connection... but for me it is enough, I come to the Zen sangha with a beginner group... we were very anxious but now we feel more at pace, we like to be quite and silent and we speak much more in a kind of compassionate way... life really changes with practice...

It is not the kind of "beautiful sangha" like a brother or sisterhood that will change and save the world from evilness where all of us are like nice Bodhisattvas of the future allways smiling...

Even when the quality of the practice is different (nor better neither worse) at the end we know we are regular people with regular life just trying to do our best and that is really great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sat, 2:07 AM Sat, 4:07 AM Sat, 10:07 AM Sat, 3:37 PM Sat, 6:07 PM Sat, 9:07 PM