Thread: HI! My name is chris!

HI! My name is chris!

I'm a 22 year old from Louisville, KY. I attend a community college and hope to transfer to the university of Louisville next fall or spring. i work the night shift at UPS which pays for my school and insurance and have been there for 3 and a half years. I am going to school for exercise science and hope to be a personal trainer soon(as of right now).

Some of the things I do in my spare time are go to the gym, run, watch movies, write, research, read and play basketball.

I was raised Christian as a kid but never "clicked" with me so until my junior year in high school i felt like a reject in my family. about that time i started to learn about Buddhism, it started with a book my English teacher assigned us, "Siddhartha". It was the first time and religious or philosophical teaching agreed with my common sense. since then i have studied world religion, history, a tad of physiology and sociology and all have been mixed in to my belief system which is to me and most people i talk to about it a very strange one at best. mostly a Buddhist view point though.

I hope that i can learn from all the people on here and finally be able to build some relationships with like minded people through this site.

Hello chris,

Be welcome to BWB!

Please feel free to ask any questions.

If you like, you can go and post at the "Beginners Forum", which is the place to ask for any doubts so to get started with Buddhism.

Here are very knowledgeable members that can be of help and eager to give good advice.

Kind wishes,

Last edited by Esho; 22 Nov 11 at 14:06.

Hi Chis,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to the group!

with kind wishes

A-D

Welcome to the forum Chris

Hi, Chris, and welcome. I love the KY mountains! Hope you find something interesting and helpful here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Welcome Chris

Greetings Chris -- welcome to BWB!

Technical Administrator woodscooter's Avatar
    Hello Chris, and welcome here!

Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Sun, 5:01 PM Sun, 7:01 PM Mon, 1:01 AM Mon, 6:31 AM Mon, 9:01 AM Mon, 12:01 PM