Share on Facebook
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tantra and the Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by srivijaya #19:
    I understand Zen does have some common features with Dzogchen but I believe the Dzogchenpas have methods Zen does not.
    Yes, of course... I think so, but Dogchen is not at my practice so I can't tell to much about...

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Aloka-D:
    from post #20
    Thanks Aloka,

Dzogchen is often introduced after preliminary tantric practices and is more usually associated with the Nyingma school (although there's Bon Dzogchen too, which wasn't considered Buddhist until fairly recently when eveything was put under a 'Tibetan traditions' umbrella for the west)
    Ati yoga is said to be synonymous with Dzogchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Aloka-D
    from post #23
    Aloka dear, is there any information anywhere about history of this?

Hiyah Kaarine dear,

There's a history of Tibet on the website of Thrangu Rinpoche here...this is part 1

URL

You may have to go back to the main website page to get parts 2 and 3

here: URL

Quote Originally Posted by Replying to Aloka-D:
    from post #25
    Thanks Aloka,

Previous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloka-D
    The word 'tantra' literally means 'thread' or 'continuity'."
    That's a little bit interesting because l understand that the word 'sūtra' also means "thread"

Forums Member
    Interesting

Tibetan Buddhists and followers of Vajrayana Buddhism believe there is more than one Buddha. Guru Rinpoche - Padmasambhava - who brought tantra from India to Tibet is considered as another Buddha - a fully enlightened being.

But we all have Buddha nature and so in the ultimate reality are no different from Buddha - once we renounce the ego-clinging self and the delusions and duality coming from attachment to it and realise the interdependenc of all beings and that ALL beings want happiness and to be free of suffering.

Forums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by londonerabroad
    Tibetan Buddhists and followers of Vajrayana Buddhism believe there is more than one Buddha. Guru Rinpoche - Padmasambhava - who brought tantra from India to Tibet is considered as another Buddha - a fully enlightened being.

But we all have Buddha nature and so in the ultimate reality are no different from Buddha - once we renounce the ego-clinging self and the delusions and duality coming from attachment to it and realise the interdependenc of all beings and that ALL beings want happiness and to be free of suffering.
    Absolutely (without wanting to sound as an absolutist!). Increased awareness, and increased enlightenment (Buddha-hood) is not something to give up on too easily. To the contrary we must aspire to that. Every minute.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Los Angeles Mexico City London Colombo Kuala Lumpur Sydney
Fri, 1:27 AM Fri, 3:27 AM Fri, 9:27 AM Fri, 1:57 PM Fri, 4:27 PM Fri, 7:27 PM