PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Newbie AnonOfIbid

AnonOfIbid
13 Apr 11, 06:02
Some of my favorite meditation behaviors include vipissana, anapanasati & satipatthana. Some of my favorite teachers include Gil Fronsdal, Thanissaro Bhikkhu, Ajahn Sucitto, Ajaan Metta, Ajaan Chah, Ajaan Lee, Ajaan Fuang Jotiko, Upasika Kee, Bhikhu Bhodi, Pema Chodron, Chogyam Trungpa.

Any questions?

AnonOfIbid

srivijaya
13 Apr 11, 08:03
Welcome AnonOfIbid,
I've never seen meditation referred to as "meditation behaviors" before. How do you differentiate the two?

AnonOfIbid
13 Apr 11, 08:13
the difference is merely conceptual (sankhara)...meditation (proper, i.e., in accord with the Noble Eightfold Path) is the action/behavior/kamma that leads to the end of action/behavior/kamma...

srivijaya
13 Apr 11, 08:14
Thanks.

Element
13 Apr 11, 10:38
...meditation (proper, i.e., in accord with the Noble Eightfold Path) is the action/behavior/kamma that leads to the end of action/behavior/kamma...
well spoken

:hands:

The Buddha accepted as correct — that is, as not a wrong understanding of kamma — the half-formed teaching concerning good and evil deeds and their results that was presented before his time and outside his teaching.

However, he added to it a final aspect, namely, the end of kamma, which is the essential Buddhist principle, thus completing the teaching on kamma.

Kamma in Buddhism (http://www.suanmokkh.org/archive/arts/message/kamma1.htm)

Esho
13 Apr 11, 14:57
Welcome AnonOfIbid!

;)

plwk
13 Apr 11, 15:06
Oh hi....

AnonOfIbid
13 Apr 11, 23:14
thanks!...metta, karuna & mudita to you and all beings