PDA

View Full Version : Resting

Aloka
12 Apr 18, 12:51
I came across this Thich Nhat Hanh article on the Lion's Roar website and thought I'd post a link to it here, to see if anyone had any comments in connection with what was said by Ven.Hanh :

Rest in the River

Resting is a very importance practice, says Thich Nhat Hanh. Our physical body needs rest to restore itself, and our consciousness is no different.

https://www.lionsroar.com/resting-in-the-river/

:hands:

Gaedheal
21 Apr 18, 00:30
I enjoyed reading that. Thank you.

philg
21 Apr 18, 10:35
Yes, that's how it should be. The first part of every meditation is about relaxing the body, and then on to relaxing the mind. Sometimes I have to stay there, with mindfulness of breathing, but most often I can move on to whatever the meditation was for in the first place.

Olderon
22 Apr 18, 09:06
Reminds me of the "Cosmic Background" signal received by my old cathode ray tube set, which I used to observe at the end of the t.v. broadcasting day. Our minds tend to do the very same thing: just background noise, before the brain's migration to sleep and the anti-sublimation of awareness and consciousness, which some refer to as: The Jhanas.

philg
22 Apr 18, 11:09
Interesting Olderon. Every now and then I go through a phase of experimenting with the gap between wakefulness and sleep.