PDA

View Full Version : Zen Meditation - How do you feel during your meditation?

LucardieC
08 Jan 14, 15:10
I have now been meditating for a few weeks, each an experience of it's own. I have found what works for me and what doesn't.
Now my question arose because last night I felt very different than before.

All day I had felt anxious to meditate, dealing with a few issues and feeling a little lost on my searches for more information about Buddhism. When I set up for meditation, I felt, almost a cloaking of calm surround me. I focused my energy to feeling each part of my body as it helps me focus faster. I was feeling every fibre and blood cell, just listening to my body speak to me.

When I focused harder, I could see the inside of my body, as if I was a tiny submarine floating through my blood stream, when it started to shift from blood cells to air then to a place of bright light. I felt very tall, like a giant or something pulling me through the top of my head and I felt very light, like paper. I had no thoughts, just enjoyed this place of light, then suddenly it was as if my concious state snapped into play and it went dark and I opened my eyes and about 7 minutes had passed since I started.

I felt refreshed, calm and sleepy afterwards and didn't feel the need to meditate further.

Has this happened to any of you? Or similar events?

I'm curious now about other experiences that may have been had; or maybe I'm just over active in my head.

fletcher
08 Jan 14, 17:07
In Soto Zen we practise Shikantaza, this article may help http://www.dailyzen.com/zen/zen_reading0903.asp
I would suggest you don't analysing what happens during Zazen too much, after all it is what it is.

Gassho
Gary

LucardieC
08 Jan 14, 17:11
I would suggest you don't analysing what happens during Zazen too much, after all it is what it is.

It was just the first time I experienced something like that, I guess I'm mostly just wondering if that was "normal."

fletcher
08 Jan 14, 17:13
Also this Youtube video by Taigu Sensei from Treeleaf.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=suD57Mb6gOw

Gassho
Gary

fletcher
08 Jan 14, 17:20
Yes it is common to have experiences like that, but just forget it and move on. Zazen is like brushing your teeth, we do it everyday but we don't usually think about it too much. :-)

Gassho
Gary

LucardieC
08 Jan 14, 19:20
Thank you for the insight :)
Gassho
Chelsea