PDA

View Full Version : New here! First post. A few questions.

happylaughlove
16 Jun 13, 15:35
Hi!

I am so excited to be here. I have been in love with Buddhism Quotes for a long time, I 100% agree and believe every single on of them. I love it.
Buddhism teaches so many wonderful things; so many things that I have to learn- and I can´t wait to learn more!

I like the idea of letting go of the ego (In today´s society it seems impossible) and taking action in life, believing in happiness and love &self-love.

What best advice do you have for beginners? What are the most important things to understand about Buddhism?
I know there are different branches, how do they differ?

Thanks

Aloka
16 Jun 13, 15:51
Hi happylaughlove :wave:

Welcome to BWB, I hope you'll enjoy being a member of our community!

What best advice do you have for beginners? What are the most important things to understand about Buddhism?
I know there are different branches, how do they differ?

Could you ask questions in one of the other forums on the website which you think will be most appropriate, please, because this is just the introductions area.

I also recommend that you read these two resources about the Buddha's teaching of The Four Noble Truths, one is by Tamara Engel and the other is by Ajahn Sumedho. They can be found pinned in the Discovering Buddha's Teachings forum.

http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.com/showthread.php?215-The-Four-Noble-Truths-Engel-Ajahn-Sumedho

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

With kind wishes,

Aloka ;D

woodscooter
16 Jun 13, 22:09
Hi happylaughlove,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.