PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Emma Finn
23 Feb 13, 21:00
Hello all,

I am a newbie to the Buddhist Path. After struggling to practice and agree to the Christian way, I found that I could no longer practice Christianity. I respect it at a level. But I just cannot agree to practice it for numerous personal reasons. I found a calling when I was walking through Chinatown in Washington, D.C. I stumbled through a Buddhist festival. It was inspiring and very moving. I went home that night and started researching about Buddhism and started to Meditate. But I was never fully committed to it until my husband and I agreed to practice the Buddhist path. We have attended a Buddhist gathering before and was so moved by it. But since we moved to Boston, Massachusetts, recently, we've been having the desire to attend another gathering. I have been reading many books about Buddhism and doing a lot of research on the topic. Yet, I still feel lost in direction and don't know where nor how to begin my practice as a Buddhist. Any advice?

-Emma Finn

Aloka
23 Feb 13, 21:18
Hello Emma,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to BWB !

Could you ask questions in one of the main forums on the website, please, because this is just the introduction and welcome area (see pinned guidelines) and isn't intended for giving advice or general discussions.

with kind wishes,

Aloka :hands:

woodscooter
24 Feb 13, 09:36
Hi Emma Finn,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.

Esho
05 Mar 13, 03:09
Welcome Emma Finn,

;D