PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Khanti
23 Oct 12, 19:52
Hello to everyone. I'm very happy to be here.

I've taken the username Khanti, which means patience, as I'm really not very patient and I need to work on it.

I've always been attracted to Buddhism, had read a little, but only began meditating and reading in depth last week. I felt the benefits immediately. I'm lucky to live in a very beautiful part of the world (Northumberland, UK) however we are miles from any Buddhist centres so I'm taking advantage of all the great resources available on the internet, including this forum, thank you.

My reason for starting to meditate was the fact that I'm a very nervous person in general; I seem to over-react to problems big and small. For many years I've been using alcohol to "self-medicate", ie to calm myself. It couldn't continue, my health is bound to suffer. I'm pleased to say that since beginning meditation I've drastically cut down (it's quite amazing!)

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit. Anyway, I look forward to spending lots of time here, and to the Journey ;D

love

Aloka
23 Oct 12, 20:01
Welcome Khanti,

Northumberland is a beautiful area of the UK - although rather chilly !

Thank you for introducing yourself and I hope you'll feel at home here.

with kind wishes,

Aloka ;D

woodscooter
24 Oct 12, 08:34
Hi Khanti,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter.

Khanti
25 Oct 12, 13:02
Thanks for your welcome ;D

Aloka - yes, Northumberland is pretty chilly, and wet! but there are so many warm and friendly people here that it makes up for it!

love
Khanti

Mathieu
25 Oct 12, 15:15
Hello to everyone. I'm very happy to be here.

I've taken the username Khanti, which means patience, as I'm really not very patient and I need to work on it.

I've always been attracted to Buddhism, had read a little, but only began meditating and reading in depth last week. I felt the benefits immediately. I'm lucky to live in a very beautiful part of the world (Northumberland, UK) however we are miles from any Buddhist centres so I'm taking advantage of all the great resources available on the internet, including this forum, thank you.

My reason for starting to meditate was the fact that I'm a very nervous person in general; I seem to over-react to problems big and small. For many years I've been using alcohol to "self-medicate", ie to calm myself. It couldn't continue, my health is bound to suffer. I'm pleased to say that since beginning meditation I've drastically cut down (it's quite amazing!)

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit. Anyway, I look forward to spending lots of time here, and to the Journey ;D

love

Hi my friend,

I'm a new member on this forum too, and I began reading more about buddhism since a week too. I also began to meditate to become more calm and serene. I'm normally a really stressed person. I wish you luck on your path, and perhaps we could help each other since we're beginners.

May I ask you, on wich website do you find your informations, I've been reading more about the Tibetan form of teaching i wouldn't mind reading something else.

Have a good day,

Mathieu

Aloka
25 Oct 12, 15:46
i wouldn't mind reading something else.

Hi Mathieu,

You can find links to some resources in the threads in our Study Links section towards the bottom of the main forums page.

In general, the introductions and welcomes forum isn't really intended as a discussion area - but you'll eventually be able to chat to other members individually using the Private Message system . Please check for more detailed information about it in the 'Help' section in the strip at the top of the main forums page under the banner.

(The PM system is also mentioned briefly in our Code of Conduct as well underneath it.)

with lots of good wishes ,

Aloka :hands: