PDA

View Full Version : New to Buddhism

stella
29 Aug 12, 17:48
I wish I could say I knew more about Buddhism than I do, but unfortunately after 2 years of waiting to find someone who knew about Buddhism to teach me, I am no closer to understanding this religion now than I was then.

I'm trying to take some initiative and teach myself, but I have no idea where to begin. I'm really looking forward to being on this forum and learning about Buddhism. I leave for boot camp in 2 months, and I am currently going through a divorce. My life is changing rapidly and difficultly so I hope that this forum will provide a good stepping stone for learning a little more for the questions I have.

Thank you.

Aloka
29 Aug 12, 17:55
Hi Stella,:wave:

Welcome to BWB, I hope you will like it here.

If you have any questions in connection with the core teachings of the Buddha, please feel free to ask them in our 'Discovering Buddha's Teachings' forum.

If you have tradition-specific questions, they can be asked in our Theravada or Mahayana/Vajrayana forums.

with kind wishes,

Aloka ;D

woodscooter
29 Aug 12, 18:42
Hi stella

welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries

woodscooter

Element
29 Aug 12, 21:34
I hope that this forum will provide a good stepping stone for learning a little more for the questions I have.
welcome Stella

asking questions, coming from your own perceived needs, is often the best way to learn about Buddhism

kind regards

element

;D