PDA

View Full Version : Yo.

Shiranui117
31 Jul 12, 23:37
Hi all, I'm Shiranui117 (Shira or Shiranui for short), and I'm from Columbus, OH. I'm going to be 19 in three days, and will be headed to Bowling Green State University in a couple weeks.

For the past 5 or so years of my life I thought I was a Christian, and have learned much about the various traditions and denominations therein. I'm currently considering converting to Eastern Orthodox Christianity, but much Buddhist teaching about no-self, karma and the Four Noble Truths resonate with me.

Just today I realized that--while I understood Orthodox Christianity and am open to it being true--I did not truly believe it, which is something I attribute to a lack of "faith-building experience". I would like to explore Buddhism further, and decide if I want to pursue belief in Buddhism or Christianity. So far, I can see myself going either way; I see much truth and goodness in both, and I do believe Buddhism does what it says it does: Relieves suffering and ignorance, and frees people from these things.

Aloka
31 Jul 12, 23:48
Hi Shiranui :wave:

Welcome to BWB !

with kind wishes

Aloka

Esho
01 Aug 12, 00:58
Be welcome Shiranui,

;D

woodscooter
01 Aug 12, 07:58