PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Vicky
19 Jun 12, 22:49
Hi,

I'm Vicky and I am new to Buddhism. Have been doing lots of reading and almost finished the book 'Freedom in Exile' the autobiography of the Dalai Lama which I picked up in a local charity shop. This is an amazing read and I would recommend to anyone, Buddhist or not.

I can't explain what happened to lead me down this path, but a couple of months ago, just as I was going to bed and pondering the days events I suddenly felt compelled to investigate Buddhism. I have no idea why!

Then it was announced that the Dalai Lama was visiting my town to give a public talk! I don't live anywhere special and cannot believe of all the places in the world, he is speaking a mile away from my house. My husband and I are going along on Thursday.

So that's me at the moment. If I had been told this a year ago I would not have believed it. Life is full of surprises!

For those of you that are interested, I can report back after I have had the honour of seeing and listening to His Holiness, I am very excited.:bow:

Vicky

Aloka
19 Jun 12, 23:06
Hi Vicky,

Welcome to BWB !

You might be interested in looking at the Buddhist Studies guide at the Buddhanet site.

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/index.htm

with kind wishes

Aloka ;D

Esho
19 Jun 12, 23:09
Hello Viky,

What a beautiful happening!

Be welcome to BWB,

:wave:

woodscooter
20 Jun 12, 10:18
Hi Vicky,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter

Oliver
20 Jun 12, 10:30
Hi, welcome.
Yes, let us know!

John62
20 Jun 12, 10:36
H Vicky,

Welcome to BWB,

I too had the privilege of attending a series of talks by His Holiness in Nottingham in 2008. Those two days have, ultimately, changed my life. This simple monk, which is how he describes himself, is such an inspiration to both Buddhists and non-Buddhists the world over.

Here's hoping you enjoy this special occasion and that you find what you're looking for.

With Metta

John

Ngagpa
20 Jun 12, 10:45
Hello Vicky,
Welcome and I hope you get a lot out of His Holiness's talk.

:hands: