PDA

View Full Version : kayas

riju
19 Jun 12, 13:11
I am a new member and this is my first post.

I am not a buddhist but hindu by birth, very well read and know a lot about buddhism.

Normally devoted buddhists disagree with my understanding of buddhism.

I want to correct this situation.
So as a first post i am writing about kayas, as I read Aloka's description about kayas. Please point out differences.

KAYAS

All Buddhas abide in emptiness and follow the path of sutra of one vehical.

Emptiness is the highest true dharma.
And the vehicle consists of three main parts.
They are Dharamkaya, Sambhogkaya and Nirmankaya.

Nirmankaya ...Word Nirman means to make or to build.One has to develop his
body structure (kaya) to add skills for surviving his existence.
Sambhogkaya.. Word Sam means equal, Bhog means enjoying, So
Sambhogkaya means sharing the fruits of skill with others equally.
Dharamkaya....Understanding laws of nature is developing Dharmkaya. These laws
are emptiness, truth, love, compassion etc.

All Buddha past, present and future follow the science of existence. They increase the size of kayas by living life and learning by experience.

Buddhahood is the middle path. Kayas are the base on which boddhisattvas support themselves and then fly from there to Nirvan and Buddhahood.
Buddhas rain down the strength and power to kayas. Mutually a strong and permanent structure of kayas is created expanding and improving the existence.

Our body (vehicle) contains and supports intelligent life doing many different functions, like making blood, fighting sickness, digesting food, etc.
If these intelligent lives share, love and have positive attitude towards each other, it results in healthy life and gives peak performance.

This internal intelligence reflects outside as well. We learn to share, love and respect and help the weaker society. Buddhas and bhoddisattvas are building this buddhist structure to free the existence from sickness, sufferings, old age and death thro each one of us.

Expanding the Kayas can be speeded up by meditating on Emptiness. For this one has to sit in a calm place and remain in AWARENESS.

Oliver
19 Jun 12, 14:15
Welcome to the forum! It seems I am already learning from having you here :hands:

jason c
19 Jun 12, 14:17
hi riju, welcome

Aloka
19 Jun 12, 16:43
Hello riju and welcome to BWB !

I am not a buddhist but hindu by birth, very well read and know a lot about buddhism.

Normally devoted buddhists disagree with my understanding of buddhism.

I want to correct this situation.
So as a first post i am writing about kayas, as I read Aloka's description about kayas. Please point out differences.

I think what you are refering to is my first post in a topic "The Three Kayas" in our Connections and Contrasts forum. The description I gave was one of the Tibetan Buddhist ones, not my own version .

The purpose of that particular thread was not for people to post their own individual interpretations of those concepts. The intention was to ask for members from the different Buddhist schools and traditions to say if the tradition that they are practising with has similar concepts to the Tibetan Buddhist ones.

with kind regards

Aloka :hands: