PDA

View Full Version : Awakening and Becoming

Bgood
19 Apr 12, 04:23
Hello Buddhists! I've been attracted to Buddhist philosophy for a long time before calling myself a Buddhist. I grew up as a moderate Roman Catholic, yet with many years of extensive research and personal experience, I have come to the realization that Christianity is founded on false mythologies and terrible perversions of truth. This was very difficult and unsettling for me to accept, yet has opened my eyes from great delusion and willful ignorance.

I am committed to worshipping the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I have no grudges against the ordinary Christian follower. It is the senseless Bible and corrupt, hypocritical, religious institutions I totally disagree with. Buddhism, on the other hand, is everything it teaches. This is where I am at in my awakening and becoming a Buddha! I search now for greater compassion and discipline in my meditation practice. :peace:

Element
19 Apr 12, 04:32
welcome Bgood

buddhism certainly can maintain excellent integrity, for the most part. buddha taught the teaching we follow is due to the disposition nature provided us. if we are sincere about understanding the reality of happiness & suffering, it is often inevitable we will find our way to buddhism

may all find well-being

element ;D

Aloka
19 Apr 12, 04:43
Hi Bgood,

Welcome to BWB !

with kind wishes

Aloka ;D

Moonfeet
19 Apr 12, 05:50
Welcome to the forum Bgood ;D

Esho
19 Apr 12, 14:36
Hello Bgood, :wave:

Be welcome to BWB!

Bgood
20 Apr 12, 05:08
:bow:Thank you! I am not worthy!!!

woodscooter
20 Apr 12, 08:33
Hi Bgood,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

Woodscooter

Esho
21 Apr 12, 19:18
Moderators Note:

Please lets keep the New Members Welcome and Introduction Forum just for welcoming new members to BWB

:peace:

Esho
22 Apr 12, 02:26
Moderators Note:

*Last two posts were moved to Beyond Belief Forum for further discussion about Worshiping in Buddhism*