PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone - This is Kuanyin!

iano
30 Mar 12, 03:54
Hi everybody,

Well, I am new to the forum but not new to Buddhism. I have been a Buddhist for . . . um . . . about 38 years. I am the author of Buddhism in Britain which was published by Rider & Co in 1979. The book took about four years to research and write. The original manuscript was typed on an old manual typewriter - yes, this was before even electronic typewriters were invented!! During my research into the book, I was privileged to meet such great Buddhists as Christmas Humphreys, Chogyam Trungpa, Dr I.B. Horner, Lama Yeshe Yosal Rinpoche, Jiyu Kennett Roshi, to name but a few. I took refuge (or Jukai Tokudo) from Roshi Kennett. An ardent student of Buddhism of all schools, I have been fortunate to visit Dharamsala, McLeod Ganj, Varanasi, Sarnath and Kathmandu - I look forward to the day when I shall visit Bodh Gaya.

I am posting another message after this one in which I am looking for some information. Please help if you can.

Yours in the Dharma:hands:

Aloka
30 Mar 12, 04:10
Hello Kuanyin,

Welcome to BWB!

I was privileged to meet such great Buddhists as Christmas Humphreys, Chogyam Trungpa, Dr I.B. Horner, Lama Yeshe Yosal Rinpoche, Jiyu Kennett Roshi, to name but a few.

I wonder if perhaps you mean Lama Yeshe Losal rather than Yosal ?

I'm afraid I can't comment on your book because I haven't read it.

with kind wishes

Aloka ;D

Esho
01 Apr 12, 01:15
Hello Kuanyin,

Be welcome to BWB!

:wave: