PDA

View Full Version : Hello friends

clw_uk
25 Jun 10, 18:54
Thought I would be the first to post an introduction

My name is Craig. I live in wales, UK. Have been following the Dhamma for roughly four years, with some intermittent periods

Practice in line with the Thai Forest Tradition and the Pali Suttas so I guess you could say I follow Theravada, although I dont subscribe to the commentaries or the Abdhidhamma

Also like some of Zen, such as Dogen. Dont subscribe to Buddha-nature or mahayana in general but feel that Zen has some good ways of expressing mindfulness and appreciate the dedication to actual practice that Zen (mostly) emphasises instead of just academic study

metta

Esho
25 Jun 10, 19:08
expressing mindfulness and appreciate the dedication to actual practice that Zen (mostly) emphasises instead of just academic study

Hi dear Craig,

Thanks for your presentation... and wellcome... ;D

I'm glad you appreciate Zen and Dogen Zenji... I am a devoted Zen Soto practitioner and the comment I have quoted is what makes me feel so committed with Zen. Zen is about practice... in the realm of the mundane and that is so refreshing... Also Zazen has been the core of my understandings about what Buddha taught.

:hands:

Aloka
25 Jun 10, 22:20
Hi Craig,

Its lovely to hear you telling us something about yourself - and you are of course very welcome here.

:hands: